Brisket with Rosemary Potato Hash is a savory masterpiece that’s so simple to make at home!
I lived in Texas long enough that two of my kids were born there so I have a bit of a southern gal in me! While living there I loved learning all about the southern-style of cooking. One of our very favorite recipes which we brought into our “Favorites List” is this Brisket. My daughter Madi loves it very most of everything we make.
Rosemary Potato Hash is a beautiful blend of savory. They’re simple to bake up while the brisket is resting. Just have them ready to pop in the oven when the brisket comes out and then serve them together with a loaf of crusty bread. You’re family will be so impressed and it’ll be our little secret how simple it really is to make!
Here’s a photo of my girls in the Texas Blue Bonnets. WOW they were so little!! Time sure flies…
Brisket with Rosemary Potato Hash
- 1 3-4 pound beef brisket
- 2 tablespoons liquid smoke
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1 teaspoon onion salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 2 teaspoon celery salt
- 1/3 cup cabernet sauvignon red wine
- Root Vegetable Hash:
- 2 red potatoes medium diced
- 2 yellow potatoes medium diced
- 1 small sweet potato medium diced
- 1 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons fresh rosemary finely chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Preheat oven to 275 degrees.
- Layer 3 sheets of foil overlapping to keep liquid in pouch, place brisket in center; fat side down.
- Combine liquid smoke, garlic, onion, and celery salt, pepper, celery salts in bowl; mix to combine.
- Rub spice mixture over the top of the brisket.
- Fold up edges of foil, pour red wine around the perimeter of brisket.
- Fold foil into a tent by rolling the sides together and down, then fold edges in.
- Place on cookie sheet.
- Bake for 5-6 hours.
- Allow meat to rest in foil for 15-20 minutes.
- Root Vegetable Hash:
- Preheat oven 425 degrees.
- Place potatoes in a medium bowl, drizzle with olive oil and toss.
- Add rosemary, salt, and pepper; toss.
- Coat cookie sheet with cooking spray, evenly spread potatoes on sheet.
- Bake 20-25 minutes or until lightly golden, stirring twice.
Brisket with Rosemary Potato Hash is sure to be a family favorite at your house too!
Much Love and Peace~