You know how sometimes you crave a little down-home-cooking?
Well, these Creamed Peas and New Potatoes are all that and more!
My best friend, Carol Ray, was born and raised in Texas so when she makes up a batch of these southern delights- I’m ALL over it 🙂
- 1 1/2 lb. tiny new potatoes, about 15
- 2 cups shelled peas or one 10 oz. package frozen peas
- 1/4 cup sliced green onion
- 2 Tbsp. butter or margarine
- 1 Tbsp. all purpose flour
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- Dash white pepper
- 1 cup milk
- Scrub potatoes and boil until tender.
- Meanwhile cook peas until tender and drain.
- Cook onion in butter until tender.
- Stir in flour, salt, and pepper.
- Add milk.
- Cook and stir until thick and bubbly.
- Cook and stir 1 or 2 minutes more.
- Combine vegetables and onion mixture.
- Serves 4-6 servings.
*this recipe is from Carol Ray
This recipe is everything you’ve been wishing for in a comfort food… and it’s simple to make and pretty healthy too! (which is always a plus around here)
You’ll be so happy you gave these Creamed Peas and New Potatoes a try and they’ll go just perfectly with any protein you’ve got a fixin’.
I hope your Wednesday is a really great one 🙂