Southwest Chicken and Rice
Southwest Chicken and Rice is a slow cooker recipe that’s SO great for fall cooking! It’s made of chicken, tomatoes, corn, and black beans with a creamy sauce that has a little kick! We loved it 🙂
- Southwest Chicken and Rice
- 1 12oz can Rotel tomatoes, with juice
- 1 15 oz canned corn, with juice
- 1 15 oz canned black beans, drained and rinsed
- 2 boneless, skinless chicken breast
- 1 4 oz neufatchel cream cheese
- light sour cream
- cheddar cheese, shredded
- 6 servings brown rice, prepared to package directions
- Combine tomatoes, corn, black beans, and chicken into slow cooker.
- Cook on low for 6-8 hours or high for 3-4 hours.
- Shed chicken, add cream cheese, cook 5 additional minutes or until cream cheese melts and stirs in.
- Serve over brown rice, topped with cheese, salsa, and a dollop of sour cream. Enjoy!
* My friend, Kate, gave this recipe to me 🙂
Southwest Chicken and Rice… I actually doubled this recipe because we like leftovers SO, after we had this for dinner- I dumped the extra rice into the chicken and mixed it up. We had it again a few days later… rolled up as a filling in tortillas and it was delicious that way too 🙂
I hope you were able to enter the awesome giveaway that is going on right now~~
Thanks for visiting with me today! I hope you have a fabulous Friday 🙂
- Chicken and Sausage Gumbo with Rice Recipe
- Peach, Chicken, & Gorgonzola Salad Recipe
- Blueberry & Almond Chicken Salad Recipe
- Elk Steak Stroganoff Recipe
- Citrus Thyme Grilled Chicken Recipe
- Herbed Grilled Chicken Recipe
- Olive Garden Chicken Gnocchi Soup Recipe
- Slow Cooker Vegetable Beef Soup
- Slow Cooker Potato Soup Recipe
- Pulled Ginger Chicken Slider with Cilantro Slaw
- Spinach & Artichoke Alfredo Chicken
- Food Styling with Ikea