I was looking through my photo’s from last year and I realized I forgot to share this fabulous soup!
Slow Cooker Southwest Chicken Chili just can’t be forgotten… it’s feeling would be hurt, I’m sure 🙂
No, really. We love this soup- is got a little bit of a kick but if you prefer a lot of kick then bump up the spicy level on the salsa… I used mild but the hot variety would take it up a couple more notches for sure.
- 3 chicken breasts
- 1 C mild salsa
- 2 C chicken broth
- 1 15.25oz can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 15.25oz can yellow corn
- 1 1.5oz taco seasoning packet (approx 1/4 cup)
- 1/4 cup light sour cream, for garnish
- 1 C sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
- Coat ceramic insert of slow cooker with cooking spray.
- Preheat on high while you combine ingredients.
- Add salsa, broth, beans, corn with juice, and taco seasoning into slow cooker and stir to combine.
- Add chicken into broth.
- Turn to low and cook 6 hours or on 3 hours on high.
- Remove chicken breasts to large bowl, shred with 2 forks and return to soup; stir.
- Serve with shredded cheese and a dollop of sour cream.
The slow cooker is just about as good as it gets for winter time dinners. I really love mine so much. I love that you can just dump and go and when you walk in the door~ dinner is served! It’s like magic.
I hope you had a wonderful weekend. We are having this crazy amazing warm weather AND I must say I’m loving it 🙂
Much Love and Peace~