Today’s Southwest Potato Hash and Egg Sandwich Recipe is an egg-xtra awesome way to start your day! I love a perfectly soft boiled egg on a stack of hash browns, peppers, pepper jack cheese and multi-grain sandwich thins.
Why I love Southwest Potato Hash and Egg Sandwich Recipe
I love today’s Southwest Potato Hash and Egg Sandwich Recipe it’s completely mouth-watering (check out that perfectly oozing yellow yolk pictured above).
Eggs have always had a special place in our families kitchen…keep reading to hear a silly story from 23 years ago!
Ingredients in Southwest Potato Hash and Egg Sandwich Recipe
- olive oil
- potato hash browns
- petite peppers
- red onion
- cajun spice mix
- sea salt
- red pepper flakes
- multi-grain thins
- pepper jack cheese
- fresh cilantro
Family favorites & Southwest Potato Hash and Egg Sandwich Recipe
A look back at when Carter enjoyed our Southwest Potato Hash and Egg Sandwich Recipe for us—he gave it a 5 star rating!
But, I can’t finish up this post without sharing one of our favorite egg story ever…
I will never, and I mean… NEVER forget walking upstairs to the kitchen when I was 6 years old…to find my 2 year old little brother, trying to make scrambled eggs all over the floor!!
He was covered from head to toe in egg and had already cracked at least a dozen of eggs onto the floor. I still can see him smearing his hands all around the floor in all the fun ooey-gooey egg-ness mess that he created!
I love how my mom handled it- she let him finish playing in his little mess, took pictures, and then carried him off to the tub, later cleaning all the eggs up off of the kitchen floor. What an awesome memory and something that still brings us all to our knees with laughter even 23 years later!
Fit Friday with Nichole
Fall is in full tilt.
Halloween is right around the corner.
And the vibe is full of energy at my house.
Before the cold sets in and puts me into hibernation mode I am getting projects done around the house and loving the outdoors as much as possible.
For today’s workout we are going to focus on explosive moves to propel us up the mountains and enjoy the views.
In this workout we have five movements to go through. All of them are movements we have done before, so you should feel pretty good about them.
There is no rest programmed into this workout, so take breaks as needed but try to keep them limited. And, as always, make sure to warm up and cool down.
- 4 eggs
- 2 tablespoon olive oil, divided
- 2 cups frozen potato hash browns
- 1 cup petite peppers, de-seeded and cut into 1/4 inch rings
- 1/4 cup red onion, thinly sliced
- 2-3 teaspoons cajun spice mix, depending on the amount of heat you prefer
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 4 multi-grain thins, toasted
- 4 slices pepper jack cheese
- 1/3 cup fresh cilantro, rough chopped
- serve with sprig of cilantro and a dash of tabasco, if desired
- In a large non-stick pan, over medium-high heat bring 1 tablespoon olive oil to almost the smoke point.
- Add onions and saute 3 minutes or until softened and lightly browned; stirring.
- Add hash browns and spices; stir to incorporate and cook 3 minutes, stir.
- Add peppers, stir, and cook 2-3 minutes or until edges are of potatoes are nicely browned.
- Remove from heat.
- In a non-stick fry pan, add remaining oil, and cook eggs to your liking; scrambled, over-easy, or fried methods all work with this recipe!
- While eggs are cooking, toast multi-grain thins, add pepper jack cheese, and place on serving plates.
- Add 1/2 cup southwest pepper hash, top with eggs, and serve with sprig of cilantro and a dash of tabasco, if desired.
- Enjoy your Southwest Potato Hash and Egg Sandwich Recipe!
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 334Total Fat: 21gSaturated Fat: 9gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 12gCholesterol: 215mgSodium: 1797mgCarbohydrates: 20gFiber: 1gSugar: 2gProtein: 16g
More Healthy Breakfast Recipes
- Mediterranean Baked Happy Eggs in Avocado
- Egg White Cabbage Bowl
- Green Tea Protein Smoothie
- Hummus, Tomato, Feta with Egg Toast
- Buttermilk Greek Yogurt Pancakes
- Egg White Breakfast Taco
- Banana, Almond Butter, Granola Toast
- Open-faced Mushroom and Blue Cheese Omelette
Today’s Southwest Potato Hash and Egg Sandwich Recipe is egg-ceptionally delicious!
Thanks for being a part of the CWR blog-family!
All the love,