Coming all the way from Greece to cook with you so grab the ingredients to make our Lemon Chicken & Rice Soup on FOX13 The Place with Jenny and me! Chicken soup always comes to mind when I’m in the mood to make something comforting. It’s soothing to my body, my mind, and my soul. There’s just something about a warm bowl of chicken soup in my hands. Today’s Lemon Chicken & Rice Soup is made with lots of good-for-you ingredients to help you and your families stay healthy and strong!
Live from Greece with our Lemon Chicken & Rice Soup on FOX13 The Place!
It’s hard to believe that I’ve been “stuck” in Greece for so many days! It was so fun to still do my monthly cooking segment even from here! Technology is just amazing these days, right?! We hope you enjoy making our Lemon Chicken & Rice Soup on FOX13 The Place. It’s a new favorite of mine! I love it so much that I’ve already made it twice. It freezes really well too so it’s easy to save some for another day. 🙂
Print off the recipe below or here’s a link to the original post to read more Lemon Chicken & Rice Soup Recipe + Pantry Staples
Here’s our segment. . . Lemon Chicken & Rice Soup on FOX13 The Place!
Some more of our favorite pantry friendly recipes:
- No-Knead Artisan Loaf Recipe
- Poppyseed Chicken with Rice Recipe
- Homemade Flour Tortillas
- Green Chili Black Beans Recipe
- Homemade Italian Pasta Noodles Recipe
- Mediterranean Meat Sauce
- Dark Chocolate Peanut Butter Cookies Recipe
- Salsa Chicken Bake
- Jalapeno Honey Cornbread
- Triple Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Easy Peazy Chili
- Irish Soda Farls Recipe
- Teriyaki Chicken Recipe
- Great Grandma Cora’s Rice Pudding Recipe
- Southern Black Beans and Rice Recipe
- Triple Chocolate Cake Mix Cookies
- 1 whole chicken, (breasts reserved)
- 1 (32 ounce) chicken broth
- 6 carrots, sliced 1/4 inch rounds
- 1 large onion, medium diced
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 1/2 cups rice (long grain brown or white)
- 1-2 teaspoons sea salt, according to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 lemons
- 1/2 cup fresh parsley, rough chopped
- Rinse under running water the whole chicken, fabricate into pieces; cutting legs, thighs, wings, and breasts. Remove skin and discard (except the wings, if too difficult). Place in an airtight container and refrigerate while carcass boils.
- Add 8 cups COLD water to large stock pot with chicken carcass, onions, garlic, salt and pepper; bring to a slow boil and reduce heat to simmer for 1 1/2-2 hours.
- Add legs, thighs, wings to stock pot, cover with lid, and reduce heat to low.
- Allow chicken to cook in hot broth for 20 minutes, remove meat from bones, shred and cover; set aside.
- Return bones to broth.
- Add carrots, rice, and chicken stock.
- Bring to boil and reduce to medium low; simmer 20 minutes or until rice and carrots are tender.
- Remove bones from broth.
- Add shredded meat, the juice of half a lemon, and 2 tablespoons fresh parsley.
- Serve your Lemon Chicken & Rice Soup Recipe with lemon wedges and parsley to be added as desired. Enjoy!
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 255Total Fat: 11gSaturated Fat: 3gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 7gCholesterol: 67mgSodium: 656mgCarbohydrates: 16gFiber: 2gSugar: 3gProtein: 23g
Enjoy our Lemon Chicken & Rice Soup on FOX13 The Place tonight!
Watch all of our Monthly FOX13 Cooking Segments
I’m over cooking at the FOX studio once a month. So, If you’d like to see more of our FOX13 The Place cooking segments, then just CLICK HERE.
Make some Lemon Chicken & Rice Soup on FOX13 The Place with me!
We love to hear about your magical cooking moments. If you get a chance to make our recipes then leave us a comment or tag us on Instagram @cookingwithruthie, pin us on Pinterest, or follow along with us on Facebook so we can share in the joy of cooking with you! Please reach out if you have questions or comments via our email: [email protected] We’re excited to see you again soon!
One more thing before you go…
We love creating recipes and sharing our adventures with you, so if you can do us a huge favor it’d really support us! It’s easier to stay motivated to share our best with you when we hear from you!! We adore our readers and it really makes our day to get comments, social tags/shares, or pins that you save for later to share with your family and friends! Our hearts sing when you do. We SEE you and we do our very best to respond to all the love! It also amps up our mo-jo so we get lots of awesome things done around here.
Thanks for sharing in the CWR blog-love!
Ruthie & Madeliene