We are SO lucky this week… we have two awesome new contributors joining our Creative Team!
I’m excited to introduce you to Jesseca from One Sweet Appetite and can I just tell you I’m SO happy that we get to have her come and visit each month 🙂
(tomorrow you’ll be meeting another awesome lady!) AND now I’ll turn it on over to Jesseca to share a delicious and easy dinner recipe…
Hello everyone! My name is Jesseca from One Sweet Appetite! I am so excited to be joining the What’s Cooking with Ruthie team!
Over on my site I like to share quick and tasty family recipes and this easy Salsa Chicken Bake is one of our all time favorites.
It whips up in no time and leftover’s can be used in so many ways!
This time around we decided to keep things simple and served it with some warm homemade tortillas and Spanish rice. With just a few minutes, and very few ingredients, we had a great meal ready to serve! Both my five year old and husband licked their plates clean and had no idea how simple cooking this dinner really was!
- 4 chicken breasts
- can of salsa, your choice
- Sharp cheddar
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
- Lightly mist a 9x13 baking dish with cooking spray and set aside.
- Trim the fat off of your chicken and place in a single layer inside your pan.
- Cover with a generous amount of salsa and bake for 35 minutes.
- Sprinkle with cheese and continue baking 10-15 minutes, or until your chicken is cooked through.
- Slow Cooker option: Place your chicken and salsa inside your slow cooker.
- Cook on medium for four hours, top with cheese, and serve!
The best part about this meal are all of the leftover possibilities! I like to divide whatever remains into two portions. The first I shred and place into little bags to be used in burritos or fajitas. The other half gets cubed for chicken quesadillas or to be served as is when lunchtime rolls around.
That is FOUR options for different ways to use up this yummy recipe! You will never be left with waste!
Here are a couple of recipes that you’ll enjoy…
xoxo~ Jesseca and Ruthie