I love everyone of the ladies on our Creative Team! They all totally rock and I appreciate them so much 🙂
Today, we have Kami from No Diets Allowed visiting with us,
I cannot wait to try her mouth-watering Chicken and White Bean Soup. YUM!
AND with that I’m turning it on over to her….
It’s that awkward time between Winter and Spring. The weather flip-flops from bitter cold to pleasantly cool. This confusing weather always make me crave comfort food. Comfort food, however, does not necessarily mean unhealthy. GASP! I promise it can be done!
This soup will hit just the spot… warm and savory chicken broth, variety of spices, juicy chicken, white beans, soft brown rice, and flavorful tomatoes and spinach. Even my 2 year old couldn’t get enough.
Chicken and White Bean Soup
- 1 cup brown rice
- 2 Tbs olive oil
- 1 Tbs minced garlic
- 1 small sweet onion, diced
- 32 oz organic low-sodium chicken broth
- 1 cup water
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 1 tsp dried basil
- 2 Tbs dried oregano
- 10 chicken tenders, thawed and cut into 1 inch pieces
- 1 can, 15 oz organic white kidney beans (cannellini), drained and rinsed well
- 1 can, 15 oz organic diced tomatoes, drained
- 2 Tbs dried or fresh parsley
- 2 Tbs white wine vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 large handful of fresh spinach
- In a large sauce pan, bring 1 and 1/2 cup water to a boil. Add brown rice, stir, and cover. Reduce to a simmer and cook for 20 to 25 minutes until tender.
- Meanwhile, in a large pot over medium heat, add olive oil. Heat for 1 minute and add garlic and onion. Saute for 2 minutes until onion is slightly translucent.
- Add chicken broth, water, black pepper, basil, and oregano. Bring to boil.
- Once at a boil, add chicken pieces, white beans, and dice tomatoes. Cook for 4 to 5 minutes until chicken is no longer pink.
- Add parsley, white wine vinegar, and salt. Remove from heat. Add spinach and cooked brown rice. Stir well.
- Serve immediately and enjoy!
Low-Sodium organic chicken broth is used in several of my recipes. It’s cheaper to buy it in bulk, and it’s a kitchen necessity to always have some handy.
Well, friends, we may not have warm weather quite yet, BUT we can have some flavor rich and soothing soup in the mean time.
A huge thank you to Kami for coming to visit and bring this delicious Chicken and White Bean Soup for us to try!
Here a couple of other recipes from No Diets Allowed for you to enjoy…
Healthy Oatmeal Breakfast Cookies
You’ll have to jump on over to visit Kami and check out all of her healthy but tasty recipes or you can follow her at Facebook// Twitter// Pinterest// Google+// Instagram
xoxo~ Kami and Ruthie
Leave a Reply