The story of our Crockpot White Chicken Chili Recipe:
Slow Cooker Tips & Tricks for our Crockpot White Chicken Chili Recipe!
Let’s just have a little crock pot talk here for a minute…
As most of you know I’m a graduate of the Culinary School and one of the class that’s required is Sanitation and Safety. During this class we had an eye-opening chat about slow cookers and how they can be the perfect breeding ground for bacteria and pathogens.
• If not careful they can be the perfect breeding ground for bacteria and pathogens.
• Preheat your crock pot just like you preheat your oven so plug it in and turn it to the high setting to get it nice and hot from the start for cooking.
• Add everything into the crock pot as warmed up as it can be, to cut down on the getting-the-food-hot portion of cooking, this is where you need to be cautious and make sure it is all hot and up to cooking temperature in 2-3 hours.
• If food stays between 41 degrees and 135 degrees for 4 hours, then it has to be thrown out because the bacteria and pathogens have had much too much time to grow and a food borne illness is a likely result.
• If you add meat make sure it is thawed and NEVER frozen, if it’s beef or pork brown it first.
• Add liquids hot ie: like use HOT water or warm up any liquids in the microwave first then add them in already hot.
Slow Cookers are wonderful things and if we take a couple of quick precautions to keep food safe while using them… they are even better! 🙂
Step-by-Step tutorial Crockpot White Chicken Chili Recipe:
|Combine first 6 ingredients|
|Crockpot low for 6-8 hours|
|Shred chicken with 2 forks, add beans and shoepeg corn|
|Add Cilantro and 2 tablespoons lime juice|
|Heat through 30 minutes more and Serve!!|
Enjoy our Crockpot White Chicken Chili Recipe & some of these slow cooker recipes too:
- 28 oz chicken stock, or 28oz water and 4 chicken bouillons
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 teaspoons cumin
- 2 teaspoons oregano
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3/4-1 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper, (depending on how much heat you prefer)
- 3-4 chicken breasts
- 2 cans great northern beans, drained
- 1 can shoepeg corn, drained
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 4 tablespoons fresh cilantro, or more if you like it a lot like we do
- Serve with additional limes wedges and cilantro, if desired
- Coat ceramic insert with cooking spray; preheat on high.
- Add chicken stock, garlic, cumin, oregano, salt, crushed red pepper, and chicken breasts.
- Stir gently to combine.
- Cover with lid and cook on low 6-8 hours or high 3-4 hours
- Just before serving remove chicken and shred with 2 forks.
- Return shredded chicken to slow cooker.
- Add the beans, corn, lime juice, and cilantro.
- Warm through and serve.
- Can be served with additional lime wedges and cilantro, if desired,
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 170Total Fat: 3gSaturated Fat: 1gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 2gCholesterol: 43mgSodium: 564mgCarbohydrates: 15gFiber: 3gSugar: 2gProtein: 21g
This White Chicken Chili recipe is quick and easy and MOST important–delicious too!
We love to hear about your magical cooking moments. If you get a chance to make our recipes then leave us a comment or tag us on Instagram @cookingwithruthie, pin us on Pinterest, or follow along with us on Facebook so we can share in the joy of cooking with you! Please reach out if you have questions or comments via our email: [email protected] We’re excited to see you again soon!
One more thing before you go…
We love creating recipes and sharing our adventures with you, so if you can do us a huge favor it’d really support us! It’s easier to stay motivated to share our best with you when we hear from you!! We adore our readers and it really makes our day to get comments, social tags/shares, or pins that you save for later to share with your family and friends! Our hearts sing when you do. We SEE you and we do our very best to respond to all the love! It also amps up our mo-jo so we get lots of awesome things done around here.
Thanks for sharing in the CWR blog-love!
Ruthie & Madeliene