|White Chicken Chili|
Crockpot White Chicken Chili Recipe
Slow Cooker Tips & Tricks
Let’s just have a little crock pot talk here for a minute…
As most of you know I’m a graduate of the Culinary School and one of the class that’s required is Sanitation and Safety. During this class we had an eye-opening chat about slow cookers and how they can be the perfect breeding ground for bacteria and pathogens.
• If not careful they can be the perfect breeding ground for bacteria and pathogens.
• Preheat your crock pot just like you preheat your oven so plug it in and turn it to the high setting to get it nice and hot from the start for cooking.
• Add everything into the crock pot as warmed up as it can be, to cut down on the getting-the-food-hot portion of cooking, this is where you need to be cautious and make sure it is all hot and up to cooking temperature in 2-3 hours.
• If food stays between 41 degrees and 135 degrees for 4 hours, then it has to be thrown out because the bacteria and pathogens have had much too much time to grow and a food borne illness is a likely result.
• If you add meat make sure it is thawed and NEVER frozen, if it’s beef or pork brown it first.
• Add liquids hot ie: like use HOT water or warm up any liquids in the microwave first then add them in already hot.
Slow Cookers are wonderful things and if we take a couple of quick precautions to keep food safe while using them… they are even better! 🙂
We know you’ll love these slow cooker recipes too
Step-by-Step tutorial Crockpot White Chicken Chili Recipe
|Combine first 6 ingredients|
|Add frozen chicken|
|Crockpot low for 6-8 hours|
|Shred chicken with 2 forks, add beans and shoepeg corn|
|Add Cilantro and 2 Tbls lime juice|
|Heat through 30 minutes more and Serve!!|
- 28 oz chicken stock, or 28oz water and 4 chicken bouillons
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tsp cumin
- 2 tsp oregano
- 1 tsp salt
- 3/4-1 tsp crushed red pepper, depending on how much kick you like
- 3-4 chicken breasts
- 2 cans great northern beans, drained
- 1 can shoepeg corn, drained
- 2 Tbsp fresh lime juice
- 4 Tbsp fresh cilantro, or more if you like it a lot like we do
- Serve with additional limes wedges and cilantro, if desired
- Coat ceramic insert with cooking spray, preheat on high.
- Add chicken stock, garlic, cumin, oregano, salt, crushed red pepper, and chicken breasts.
- Stir gently to combine.
- Cover with lid and cook on low 6-8 hours or high 3-4 hours
- Just before serving remove chicken and shred with 2 forks.
- Return shredded chicken to slow cooker.
- Add the beans, corn, lime juice, and cilantro.
- Warm through and serve.
- Can be served with additional lime wedges and cilantro, if desired,
This White Chicken Chili recipe is quick and easy and MOST important…. DELICIOUS!! Enjoy 🙂
We love to hear about your magical cooking moments. . . if you get a chance to make this recipe leave us a comment or tag us on Instagram @cookingwithruthie so we can share the joy of cooking with you!
One more thing before you go!. . . be inspired with CWR Recipe, Travel, and a variety of Etceteras every week by signing up to receive our emails! Click here to subscribe. We send out our newest posts, a collection of our latest favorites, and more! We love to stay connected with you.
Ruthie & Madeliene