Our Green Chili Chicken Baked Flautas with Spicy Crema Recipe puts a healthier spin on this Mexican cuisine classic for your dinner table tonight! If you love deep fried chicken flautas, then you can’t help but REALLY love our healthy baked version! We keep all the flavor and cut the calories by baking them rather than deep frying them. Our chicken flautas have a bit of spicy-ness with the layers of flavor found in the Peruvian Andes peppers! It’s all bottled up for you in PACHA Hot Sauce and we are so excited to share them with you in today’s recipe!
A spin on the classic– Green Chili Chicken Baked Flautas with Spicy Crema Recipe
First, we’ll combine Aji Amarillo PACHA Hot Sauce with shredded chicken, green chilis, and reduced fat cream cheese. Then, we’ll roll up our flavorful filling in white corn tortillas and bake them for a few minutes in the oven. Lastly, top off our green chili chicken baked flautas with a drizzle of Rocoto PACHA Hot Sauce spicy crema, petite tomatoes, shredded red leaf lettuce, and queso fresco cheese. OH, and a squeeze of fresh lime juice to bring it all together! Be sure to serve with additional Aji Amarillo or Rocoto PACHA Hot Sauce so your super-spicy-lovers can add an extra kick to this spunky, yummy meal at the table!
Now, that’s worthy of a full-hearted “Arriba, Arriba!!” 🙂
Why PACHA? And what does it mean?
PACHA means “World” in the Incan Quecha language and comes from Peru! PACHA hot sauces are made with premium all-natural ingredients and chili peppers cultivated for over 7000 years in the Peruvian Andes. PACHA hot sauces are known for their no vinegar taste, low sodium, and no added sugar–it has a naturally sweet taste from the peppers! We are the biggest all natural and organic ingredient fans and man, oh man, this hot sauce is nothing short of perfection! It fits into our Cooking with Ruthie and food lives seamlessly. After making these tasty flautas, you’ll have the PACHA hot sauce on hand to add the amazing kick/fire (in a good way, of course…) and flavor to ANY recipe! Read PACHA’s whole story HERE— it is beautiful and inspirational!
My time in Mexico
These beautiful and TASTY flautas remind me of my time in Mexico. Did you know I lived in Mexico for 1.5 years?! OMG, I’m just wanting to go back every single day. I have unforgettable memories eating flautas (where I was at in Puebla, they were called tacos dorados) with families in their homes. I was always stoked when I heard that we’d be having tacos dorados for la comida. La comida literally means “the food” and it is their biggest meal of the day (like our dinner) typically served at 2pm each day.
What are Flautas?
A Flauta is also known as a taquito, taco dorado, or rolled taco (taco rollado). It’s a Mexican food dish that typically consists of a small rolled-up tortilla that contains filling, including beef, cheese or chicken. The filled tortilla is then crisp-fried or deep-fried, OR for a healthier version, like our recipe today, they can be baked in the oven, too!
Where did Flautas originate?
Nobody really knows where they originated from; however, the state of Sinaloa in Mexico recognizes flautas as one of their unique food specialties. Flautas simply consist of having a corn tortilla with a small amount of filling in the center, rolled up and deep-fried.
How to make our Green Chili Chicken Baked Flautas with Spicy Crema Recipe
• Prepare the Spicy Chicken Green Chili filling by combining Aji Amarillo PACHA Hot Sauce, shredded chicken, green chilis, spices, and low fat cream cheese.
• Warm 5 tortillas in the microwave at a time so that they are pliable, roll 1 tablespoon filling in each white corn tortilla, place seem side down on baking sheet, and repeat for all tortillas. Then add a quick coat of olive oil cooking spray and bake them in the oven for 17-20 minutes.
• Prepare toppings of your choice. We are using: grape tomatoes, shredded red leaf lettuce, queso fresco cheese, a drizzle of spicy crema, and a squeeze of fresh lime juice!
• Serve with additional Aji Amarillo and Rocoto PACHA Hot Sauce so your super-spicy-lovers can add an extra kick at the table!
Here are more recipes to turn your Green Chili Chicken Baked Flautas with Spicy Crema into a fabulous meal!
- 3 cups cooked, shredded chicken breast
- 1 (8 ounce) package neufatchel cream cheese
- 1 (7 ounce) can green chilis, drained
- 3 teaspoons Aji Amarillo PACHA Hot Sauce
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 20 white corn tortillas
- Spicy Crema:
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 1/2 teaspoon Rocoto PACHA Hot Sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- Toppings: grape tomatoes, shredded red leaf lettuce, queso fresco cheese, and lime wedges
- Preheat oven 425 degrees.
- Cover baking sheet with foil; spray with cooking spray.
- Mix together Aji Amarillo PACHA Hot Sauce, cream cheese, chicken, and green chilis; mix well.
- Warm 5 tortillas in microwave wrapped in wet paper towel for 20 seconds.
- Spoon 1 1/2 tablespoons filling in the center of each tortilla and roll up.
- Place seam side down on the foil.
- Repeat with additional tortillas.
- Mist the tops of tortillas with olive oil cooking spray.
- Bake 17-20 minutes or until edges are browned and tops lightly golden.
- Serve with choice of toppings, lime wedges, and spicy crema.
- Spicy Crema:
- In a small container combine all ingredients; mix to combine.
- When ready to serve drizzle Spicy Crema over flautas and serve with lime wedges and additional PACHA Hot Sauces.
- Enjoy your Green Chili Chicken Baked Flautas with Spicy Crema Recipe!
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 138Total Fat: 7gSaturated Fat: 3gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 3gCholesterol: 29mgSodium: 236mgCarbohydrates: 12gFiber: 2gSugar: 1gProtein: 8g
Your family will love our Green Chili Chicken Baked Flautas with Spicy Crema!
We love to hear about your magical cooking moments. If you get a chance to make our recipes then leave us a comment or tag us on Instagram @cookingwithruthie, pin us on Pinterest, or follow along with us on Facebook so we can share in the joy of cooking with you! Please reach out if you have questions or comments via our email: firstname.lastname@example.org. We’re excited to see you again soon!
One more thing before you go…
We love creating recipes and sharing our adventures with you, so if you can do us a huge favor it’d really support us! It’s easier to stay motivated to share our best with you when we hear from you!! We adore our readers and it really makes our day to get comments, social tags/shares, or pins that you save for later to share with your family and friends! Our hearts sing when you do. We SEE you and we do our very best to respond to all the love! It also amps up our mo-jo so we get lots of awesome things done around here.
Thanks for sharing in the CWR blog-love!
Ruthie & Madeliene