Happy FIT FRIDAY!
I love to have Nichole from Pure Clean Fitness come to hang out with us!
This week Nichole’s taking us for a workout at the track this week. A Healthy Recipe from me + Fitness Tips from Nichole= a healthy, happy, balanced life!
Nichole’s Hitting the Track. . .
400 meters sprints
Walking lunges around one end of the curve
Broad jumps around the other curves
Ruthie’s Healthy Recipe. . .
White Chicken Spinach Lasagna is a healthier spin~ starting off by working some magic with a jar of light alfredo sauce, adding in chicken, fresh spinach, and whole grain lasagna noodles.
White Chicken Spinach Lasagna will be totally be a hit with the whole family! They’ll love the way it tastes and you’ll love how simple it is to make. Just a few minutes putting it together and then throw it in the oven for an hour! No cook the noodles separately, which I personally happen to be a big fan of. Nobody will ever guess it’s been “health-ified” either. . . hahah! Awesome.
White Chicken Spinach Lasagna is one our chilly weather must-makes. There’s something that’s so comforting about warm, fresh baked lasagna right from the oven. I happen to think lasagna is even a little bit better on day two~ just the way the sauce soaks into the noodles over night and all the flavors meld together in that oh-so-fabulous way!!
Mmmmmmmmm. SO good!
White Chicken Spinach Lasagna is a fun spin on the classic lasagna recipe~ I know your whole family will adore it! Enjoy.
Have an amazing Fit Friday!
Much Love and Peace~
Nichole and Ruthie
- 2 16 ounce jars light parmesan alfredo sauce (I like prego)
- 1/2 cup onions, medium dice
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 cup shredded parmesan cheese, divided
- sea salt and pepper to taste
- 1 9ounce package whole wheat lasagna sheets
- 3 cups chicken breast; cooked and cubed
- 3 cups fresh spinach leaves
- 1 cup water
- Preheat oven 350 degrees F.
- Coat 10x13 baking pan with cooking spray; set aside.
- In a large sauce pan over medium high heat, add olive oil, sdd onion and cook for 2 minutes stirring constantly.
- Add garlic and cook 1 minute.
- Reduce heat to low and cook until onion is softened (approx 2-3 minutes).
- Stir in alfredo sauce, and 1/4 cup parmesan cheese.
- Stir until cheese is melted, then season with salt and pepper to taste.
- In prepared pan begin layering 4-5 pieces lasagna noodles, add 1 1/2 cups of sauce and spread evenly over noodles.
- Next evenly distribute 1 cup of chicken, 1 cup spinach, and then 1/4 cup parmesan cheese.
- Repeat layers 3-4 times ending with parmesan cheese on top.
- Evenly drizzle 1 cup of water around the outside of the pan.
- Cover with a foil tent, being careful not to let foil touch top.
- Bake 50-60 minutes or until a fork inserted in the center inserts easily.
- minutes before baking time is complete- remove foil top and finish cooking if a browned top is desired.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 856Total Fat: 46gSaturated Fat: 24gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 16gCholesterol: 179mgSodium: 2613mgCarbohydrates: 47gFiber: 6gSugar: 3gProtein: 66g