Last week I was over making our French Dip Sandwich Recipe on FOX13 The Place in the kitchen with Big Budah! We had a great time chatting about New Years Resolutions, making our favorite French Dip Sandwiches, and a few slow cooker safety tips, too! Be sure to join in all the fun. Watch today’s French Dip Sandwich TV segment, print off the recipe below, and get cooking right along with us! 🙂
Slow Cooker Tips & Tricks
Let’s just have a little talk about our slow cookers here for a minute. . .
As most of you know I’m a graduate of the Culinary School and one of the classes that’s required is Sanitation and Safety. During this class we had an eye-opening chat about slow cookers and how they can be the perfect breeding ground for bacteria and pathogens.
- If not careful they can be the perfect breeding ground for bacteria and pathogens.
- Preheat your crock pot just like you preheat your oven. Plug it in and turn it to the high setting to get it nice and hot from the start for cooking. After all, there is just only one little probe heating the whole slow cooker!
- Add everything into the crock pot as warmed up as it can be. To cut down on the getting-the-food-hot portion of cooking, this is where you need to be cautious and make sure it is all hot and up to cooking temperature in 2-3 hours.
- If food stays between 41 degrees and 135 degrees for 4 hours, then it has to be thrown out because the bacteria and pathogens have had much too much time to grow and a food borne illness is a likely result.
- If you add meat; be sure it is thawed and NEVER added frozen. If it’s beef or pork, brown it first.
- Add liquids hot ie: like use HOT water or warm up any liquids in the microwave first.
- Spray the ceramic insert with cooking spray to make clean up a snap! It’ll wipe out easy with no sticking!
Slow Cookers are wonderful things and if we take a couple of quick precautions to keep food safe while using them… they are even better! 🙂
Monthly FOX13 Cooking Segments
I’m over cooking at the FOX studio once a month. So, If you’d like to see more of our FOX13 The Place cooking segments, then just CLICK HERE. 🙂
Enjoy our French Dip Sandwich Recipe and some of these other slow cooker recipes, too!
- Southern Black Beans and Rice
- Slow Cooker French Dip Sandwich
- Chicken Taco Soup
- Slow Cooker Beef Burgundy
- Slow Cooker Lumberjack Chili
- Slow Cooker Potato Soup
- Mediterranean Chicken with Brown Rice
Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 264Total Fat: 12gSaturated Fat: 5gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 5gCholesterol: 61mgSodium: 566mgCarbohydrates: 17gFiber: 1gSugar: 2gProtein: 22g
Watch me in the kitchen making our French Dip Sandwich Recipe on FOX13 The Place!
We love to hear about your magical cooking moments. If you get a chance to make our recipes then leave us a comment or tag us on Instagram @cookingwithruthie, pin us on Pinterest, or follow along with us on Facebook so we can share in the joy of cooking with you! Please reach out if you have questions or comments via our email: firstname.lastname@example.org. We’re excited to see you again soon!
One more thing before you go…
We love creating recipes and sharing our adventures with you, so if you can do us a huge favor it’d really support us! It’s easier to stay motivated to share our best with you when we hear from you!! We adore our readers and it really makes our day to get comments, social tags/shares, or pins that you save for later to share with your family and friends! Our hearts sing when you do. We SEE you and we do our very best to respond to all the love! It also amps up our mo-jo so we get lots of awesome things done around here.
Thanks for sharing in the CWR blog-love!
Ruthie & Madeliene
- Turkey Provolone Sandwich on FOX13
- Slow Cooker Sloppy Joes on FOX13
- Irish Corned Beef with Cabbage Recipe
- Steak & Linguini Pasta with Creamy Tomato Basil Sauce Recipe
- Achiote Beef Street Tacos Recipe
- Lemon Garlic Steak Marinade Recipe
- Coca-Cola BBQ Pulled Chicken Sandwich Recipe
- Quick Spaghetti and Focaccia Bread