I consider myself a French Dip Sandwich Connoisseur, of sorts. It has only been my favorite sandwich for pretty much my whole life… I remember exactly when AND where I ate my first French Dip.
When I was young I’d spend a few weeks every summer with my dad, grandparents, and family. My Grandma Betty would always take my sister Camey and I to this little restaurant that served a really good French Dip Sandwich and since the age of 7 or 8… it was the only sandwich I’d order IF it was on the menu!!
UNTIL I found this French Dip Sandwich recipe… it is amazing!
Totally and completely amazing!! (I also love that it’s a Crock-pot recipe, makes my life so much easier some days!)
These French Dip Sandwiches could easily be made into a “slider” (just use small dinner rolls instead of hoagie rolls) for your Super Bowl party or any gathering for that matter… they’re a real crowd pleaser!!
* another awesome recipe from my friend Kate : ) Thanks girl!
The combination of spices and soy sauce with the meat are just right! You won’t believe how wonderful it is… you’ll just want to drink the rest of your au jus sauce, it’s that GOOD!
I really hope you enjoy this French Dip Sandwich recipe, it’s in my top 5 for sure!!
- 3 lb rump roast
- 2 C water
- 1/2 C soy sauce
- sm. bunch rosemary
- 1 tsp thyme
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 bay leaf
- 15-20 peppercorns
- Brown roast in a sprayed fry pan.
- Put in crockpot with all other ingredients, fat side up.
- Cook on high at least 6 hours.
- Scrape fat off meat and discard.
- Shred or slice meat thinly. (place meat in a covered bowl to keep warm with a 1/2 C juice to keep moist)
- Reserve juice for au jus dipping sauce.
- Serve on Hogie Wheat Rolls with cheese, if desired.