Hummus Steak Sandwich is hearty enough to keep you full and happy in a healthy way!
Hey-Hey! It’s Fit Friday!!
Miss Nichole from Pure Clean Fitness is helping us stay Happy and Fit though the holidays and I’m sharing this fabulous Hummus Steak Sandwich to keep you healthy + happy! 🙂
We thought you might be looking for a healthy sandwich for your family that’s NOT turkey. . . Hummus Steak Sandwich is a great way to switch up your after thanksgiving week menu!
Hummus Steak Sandwich is made with our favorite Herbed Flank Steak recipe- if your grill is off for the season then use the broiler in your oven to achieve the same lovely char on your beef!
Miss Nichole Holiday Fit Tip. . .
Thanksgiving is done and we find ourselves smack dab in the middle of the holidays! We of course start with hitting multiple houses on Thanksgiving….so much food! I know most of us have heard various tips over the years to stay healthy over the holidays and not get too out of control. Today is a refresher on some of my favorite tips.
2) Don’t skip meals. This is one that is repeated often, yet often forgotten. If you walk into that dinner party starving you will leave that dinner party asking yourself what happened.
3) Pay attention to what you are eating. Appetizers and all those yummy little bites add up.
4) It is a fun time to pop the cork on an extra bottle with the family. Keep the drinks in moderation and keep downing the water.
5) Hit the gym early. I have said before and I will say it again, morning workouts are ideal for those crazy schedules.
6) You still need your sleep. You can’t burn the candle at both ends for the next 6 weeks. Everything will fall apart.
7) And for your mental health…take Facebook and Instagram with a grain of salt. The rest of the world is not having the picture perfect holidays they are presenting.
Hummus Steak Sandwich is going to hit the spot for lunch or dinner!
Have an awesome Fit Friday!
Much Love and Peace~
Nichole and Ruthie
- 1 package whole wheat sandwich thins (8 counts)
- 1 cup hummus
- 8 slices provolone cheese
- 1 pound flank steak, cooked and thinly sliced
- 1 red onion, sliced
- 2 large tomatoes, sliced
- 2 cups spinach leaves
- Herbed Flank Steak:
- ½ bunch parsley
- ½ bunch cilantro
- 3 green onions
- 1 clove Garlic
- ¼ shallot (1/8 cup)
- 10 thyme sprigs, stems removed
- 10 oregano sprigs, stems removed
- 10 basil leaves
- ½ cup olive oil
- 1- 2 pound flank steak
- For each sandwich spread hummus, layer cheese, beef, red onion, tomato, and spinach.
- Top with bread and serve.
- Herbed Flank Steak:
- Combine all ingredients in blender- excluding steak.
- Pulse until herbs are minced.
- Place flank steak in ziptop plastic baggie or container with a lid.
- Add herb marinade, coat meat, place in fridge for 3-6 hours.
- Heat on grill to medium high, cook 5-7 minutes per side or until desired doneness is achieved.
- Allow to rest for 5 minutes, slice and serve!