Hooray…. Fit Friday is here!
I love to have Nichole from Pure Clean Fitness comes to hang out with us on Fridays!
This week Nichole is sharing a Plyos Workout Routine. A Healthy Recipe from me + Fitness Tips from Nichole= a healthy, happy, balanced life!
Nichole’s Plyos Workout …
We are doing some plyos today. It is a great way to burn some calories and get everything working.
We are going to be doing 5 different moves. During the first round you are going to complete each move for 1 minute with a 30 sec breather in between moves. While completing your minute of work count your reps. For rounds 2-5 you are no longer worried about time, instead you have to complete the same amount of reps.
1) Squat Jumps
2) Speed Skaters
3) Pushups with Corner Bunny Hops
4) Donkey Kicks
5) Lunge Jumps (I also call this Switch Hops)
Don’t slack on your first round just to make the other rounds easier…NO SAND BAGGING! Instead push as hard as you can and make it all worth while.
If you are a beginner and not up to 5 rounds no worries. Aim for 3 rounds this time.
Ruthie’s Healthy Recipe…
Sirloin Steak Tips and Veggie Kabobs is healthy dinner recipe and perfect for summer grilling!
The heat is on around our neck of the woods! Wowzers… we are supposed to be into the 90’s by the weekend. It’s time to pull out the grills and get the backyard gatherings under way! I love all the seasons but I always get to feeling especially happy when summer decides to show up again 🙂
So grilling is pretty simple right? Just grab some protein and vegetables and you are on your way to a fabulous dinner that keeps all the mess outside! That’s a total WIN-WIN in my book!!
This recipe calls for Sirloin steak tips, mini peppers, and mini tomatoes but feel free to mix and match your favorites. This marinade works deliciously well with chicken too. Feel free to go with zucchini, yellow squash, fresh pineapple, mushrooms, onions- whatever vegetables your family loves will love this recipe too!
- 1 pound sirloin steak tips
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 1 tablespoon fresh oregano leaves
- 1 tablespoon fresh thyme leaves
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 12-15 mini tri-colored peppers
- 12-15 mini heirloom tomatoes
- 6 wooden skewers
- In a large zip top baggie combine steak, soy sauce, water, orange juice, oregano, thyme, sea salt, and pepper.
- Zip closed, gently mix in the bag, and marinade for at least 2 hours and up to 12 hours.
- When ready to cook, generously coat grill grate with cooking spray.
- Preheat grill to medium high heat.
- Alternate threading steak, peppers, and tomatoes on skewers.
- Cook 3-4 minutes per side or until meat cooks to desired doneness.
- Serve hot off the grill and enjoy!
Make this a family event by bringing the kabob ingredients out to the grill and let each person make their own kabobs with they like best- just be sure to remember to wash all those little fingers after touching the raw meat 🙂
Have fun grilling up these Sirloin Steak Tips and Veggie Kabobs this weekend!
Happy Fit Friday!
Much Love and Peace~
Nichole and Ruthie