Pepper Steak with Rice
Pepper Steak with Rice is a recipe that was sent to me by a reader AND let me tell you… it’s super delicious!
Prep Time 20 minutes
Cook Time 20 minutes
Total Time 40 minutes
- 1 1/2 pounds top round beef or sirloin steak
- 3 cups water
- 1 medium onion, cut into 1/4 inch slices
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ginger
- 2 medium green peppers, cut into 3/4 inch strips
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 medium tomatoes, cut into eighths or 2 cups cherry tomatoes
- 6 servings brown rice, prepared according to package directions
- cooking spray
- Trim fat from meat, cut meat into strips 2 x 1/4 inch.
- Spray large skillet with cooking spray, cook meat, turning frequently, until brown- about 5 minutes.
- Stir in water, onion, garlic salt, and ginger.
- Heat to boiling.
- Reduce heat; cover and simmer about 15 minutes.
- Add green pepper strips and simmer 5 minutes more.
- In a small mixing bowl blend corn starch, sugar, and soy sauce; stir into meat mixture when simmering is complete.
- Cook, stirring constantly, until mixture thickens and boils.
- Boil 1 minute.
- Place tomatoes on meat mixture.
- Cook over low heat just until tomatoes are heated through, about 3 minutes. Serve over brown rice.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 423Total Fat: 13gSaturated Fat: 5gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 6gCholesterol: 115mgSodium: 490mgCarbohydrates: 34gFiber: 4gSugar: 6gProtein: 43g
Pepper Steak with Rice is a family favorite of one of my readers, do you have family favorites? I would love to have you share them… just email me your recipe along with a little blip on why this recipe’s a family favorite. I’ll make it and blog it and be sure to give you credit.
I hope your all having a wonderful Thursday and thank you SO much for reading my blog 🙂