Mexican Cornbread Pie Recipe is a delicious twist on the classic shephard’s pie using jiffy cornbread and it’s a one-dish dinners! Less mess means more time to enjoy with the family! If you love cornbread, sharp cheddar cheese, with three kinds of meat then this is the dish for you. It’s all the comfort foods wrapped up in one happy skillet. 🙂
Mexican Cornbread Pie Recipe
Mexican Cornbread Pie has a lil’ bit of kick to it but don’t be afraid of the jalapeños… the corn bread calms them right down and it’s just plain delicious! Our family loves this recipe, we first enjoyed it at my best friend Carol’s house one night when she invited us to dinner. If it takes a village to raise a child. . . Carol and I have been a part of each others village for 15 years now! I’m so grateful for good friends like her!!
Here a few fabulous side dish recipes to go with today’s Mexican Cornbread Pie Recipe:
• Cilantro Ranch Dressing with your favorite mixed salad
- 2 (8.5 oz) Jiffy corn muffin mix boxes
- 2/3 cup milk
- 2 eggs
- 1 (16 oz) can cream style corn
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1/4 cup chopped jalapeño peppers, without the seeds
- 1 1/2 to 2 cups shredded sharp cheese
- 1/4 pound crumbled, cooked bacon
- 1/2 pound turkey/pork sausage, cooked, drained
- 1/2 pound ground beef, cooked, drained
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- sour cream and chives for garnish
- Preheat oven to 425°.
- Coat with cooking spray a 9” skillet pan.
- Brown hamburger and sausage on medium high and drain.
- Sauté onions in meat, add peppers and bacon; set aside.
- In a mixing bowl combine jiffy muffin mix, eggs, milk, creamed corn, and garlic and chili powder.
- Stir to combine; do not over mix.
- Pour half of batter into prepared skillet.
- Spread meat mixture over batter.
- Sprinkle with cheese.
- Spread remaining batter over cheese.
- Bake 30 to 45 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Cool 5-10 minutes before cutting.
- Top with a dollop of sour cream and chives
- Enjoy your Mexican Cornbread Pie Recipe!
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 339 Total Fat: 21g Saturated Fat: 10g Trans Fat: 0g Unsaturated Fat: 10g Cholesterol: 116mg Sodium: 550mg Carbohydrates: 12g Net Carbohydrates: 0g Fiber: 1g Sugar: 3g Sugar Alcohols: 0g Protein: 24g
A few more quick and easy dinner recipes:
We hope you try our Mexican Cornbread Pie Recipe it’ll bring smiles to the whole family!
We love to hear about your magical cooking moments. . . if you get a chance to make our recipes then leave us a comment or tag us on Instagram @cookingwithruthie , pin us on Pinterest , or follow along with us on Facebook so we can share in the joy of cooking with you! Please reach out if you have questions or comments via our email: email@example.com. We’re excited to see you again soon!
One more thing before you go. . .
We love creating recipes and sharing our adventures with you, so if you can do us a huge favor it’d really support us! It’s easier to stay motivated to share our best with you when we hear from you!! We adore our readers and it really makes our day to get comments, social tags/shares, or pins that you save for later to share with your family and friends! Our hearts sing when you do. . . we SEE you and we do our very best to respond to all the love! It also amps up our mo-jo so we get lots of awesome things done around here.
Thanks for sharing in the CWR blog-love!
Ruthie & Madeliene