The other day I was totally craving steak! I love to make steaks in the summer when I can grill them up nice and easy but in the winter when it’s freezing and there’s snow everywhere- I tend to forget about making them.
Choffy Steak Marinade recipe is really flavorful and cooked under the broiler which gives a similar flavor as throwing it out on the grill! YUM.
- 8 oz hot water
- 4 Tbsp la espanola choffy
- 1.5 pounds top sirloin steak
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 6-8 black peppercorns
- 1/8 tsp red pepper flakes
- 1 small bay leaf
- 3-4 sprigs parsley
- quart size freezer bag
- Brew hot water and la espanola choffy; set aside to cool.
- In freezer bag combine cooled choffy, garlic, peppercorns, red pepper flakes, bay leaf, parsley; gently shake to combine.
- Add steak to bag, remove as much air as possible, and seal.
- Place in refrigerator for at least 6 hours- 12 hours to marinate.
- (Rotate side to side 2-3 times allowing marinade to coat evenly)
- When ready to serve: preheat oven broiler on high, remove steak and place on broiling pan.
- Cook 5-6 minutes per side or until desired doneness is achieved.
- Allow to rest 3-5 minutes before cutting and serving.
I hope you’re Holidays were wonderful and that you’re getting back into the swing of things again…
Much Love and Peace~