Guajillo Flank Steak, Scallion Grits, & Peas Recipe will be sure to impress even your pickiest dinner guests! If you’re looking for an upscale Mexican inspired dish then look no further because this recipe has it all. I love a well prepared flank steak and today, we’re simply grilling it just right so it’s tender and flavorful! Then we’ll add a guajillo chili and apple pan sauce, perfectly seasoned scallion grits, and crisp steamed snow peas! Guajillo Flank Steak, Scallion Grits, & Peas Recipe will make all your guests so pleased, so rest assured your evening will be a success!
Guajillo Flank Steak, Scallion Grits, & Peas Recipe
If you’re not familiar with the guajillo chili or chile it is the dried form of mirasol chili and the second-most commonly used dried chili in the mexican cuisine, after poblanos. The guajillo chili is considered a medium hot chili, so it’s nothing to be afraid of. Our Guajillo Flank Steak, Scallion Grits, & Peas Recipe has just the right amount! The Mexican state of Zacatecas is one of the main producers of guajillo chilies. You can easily find them at most grocery stores on the mexican cuisine aisle.
We hope you’ll enjoy some of our other Mexican inspired recipes, too!
- Chicken Tostada with Chili Crema Recipe
- Cilantro Ranch Dressing
- Pork Chili Verde Recipe
- Cafe Rio Sweet Pork
- Cilantro Lime Rice
- Achiote Beef Street Tacos Recipe
- Green Chili Black Beans
- Homemade Flour Tortillas
- Pico de Gallo
- Chipotle Lime Cheese Enchiladas
Tips & Tricks for Grilling:
- Take meat out of fridge to bring it to room temperature for 20-30 minutes.
- Clean the BBQ grill grate with a metal scraper.
- To reduce sticking spray generously with cooking spray before igniting grill so it does not flame up.
- Preheat your grill on high, scrape again if needed to remove any really tough to remove areas.
- Create heat zones for two stage cooking;
- Stage One: heat one side of grill to high heat; sear the meat on each side for 2 minutes, rotating to get cross-hatching marks.
- Stage Two: heat second side of grill to low or off; place the seared meat here until reaches desired temperature.
- Invest in a high quality probe thermometer.
- To get the best reading; probe the meat on the side inserting the probe into the center of the cut of meat.
- Grilling is a little like cooking on the Mojave desert — dry, dry and hot, hot, hot! Make sure to use your grilling sauce and apply it with each rotation so the protein stay nice and moist on the inside.
- Once meat reaches 5 degrees below desired temperature move to a resting plate and tent with foil to keep warm without sweating.
- Rest meat for 5 minutes to slow the juices.
- Serve and Enjoy!
How to’s for selecting beverages for an evening event!
Picking beverages for your gathering can be fun, but daunting at times! I like to have a selection of red and white wines, some sparkling water with lemon or limes, and a festive mixed beverage as an option, too. If younger children are going to be apart of the event, then I’ll make sure to have some juice or soda on hand. It’s always a good idea to have some permanent markers handy for everyone to mark their glasses. It washes right off with hot water and soap!
Here are a few more beverages to inspire you:
- Cherry Prosecco Spritzer
- Blackberry Lime Moscow Mules Recipe
- Non-Boozy Mint Mojito
- Blueberry Lemon Mastiha Cocktail Recipe
- Irish Creme de Menthe Cocktail
- Blueberry Lime Cocktails
- Mint Julep Recipe
- Non-boozy Blueberry Mint Mojito
- Strawberry Mint Margaritas
- Irish Coffee with Baileys and Kahlua
- Orange Spice Wassail
[mv_create key=”9″ title=”Guajillo Flank Steak, Scallion Grits & Peas” type=”recipe”]
Guajillo Flank Steak, Scallion Grits, & Peas Recipe is delightfully elegant for your next dinner party!
We love to hear about your magical cooking moments. If you get a chance to make our recipes then leave us a comment or tag us on Instagram @cookingwithruthie, pin us on Pinterest, or follow along with us on Facebook so we can share in the joy of cooking with you! Please reach out if you have questions or comments via our email: firstname.lastname@example.org. We’re excited to see you again soon!
One more thing before you go. . .
We love creating recipes and sharing our adventures with you, so if you can do us a huge favor it’d really support us! It’s easier to stay motivated to share our best with you when we hear from you!! We adore our readers and it really makes our day to get comments, social tags/shares, or pins that you save for later to share with your family and friends! Our hearts sing when you do. . . we SEE you and we do our very best to respond to all the love! It also amps up our mo-jo so we get lots of awesome things done around here.
Thanks for sharing in the CWR blog-love!
Ruthie & Madeliene