Texas Baked Beans belong right up there with pulled pork and bar-b-que sandwiches!!
How do ya have a proper BBQ without this famous side dish? Well… ya don’t!!
That’s why I’m fixin’ to share this family favorite Texas Baked Beans recipe (for a good 15 years) with y’all 🙂
I picked this Texas Baked Beans recipe up when I lived there quite a while ago! A family from our neighborhood had us over for dinner and served these… we left with the recipe AND they’ve been a favorite ever since!!
Unfortunately, it was so long ago that I don’t remember their names to give them proper credit 🙁
- 1 lb bacon
- 1 lb hamburger
- 2 onions
- 3 21oz Pork and Beans
- 1 15oz lima beans, drained
- 1 15oz kidney beans, drained
- 2 tablespoon vinegar
- 1 cup ketchup
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1 teaspoon liquid smoke
- In a large skillet, combine first 3 ingredients, cook thoroughly.
- Combine all ingredients in slow cooker.
- Cook on low for 6 hours or high for 3 hours.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 420Total Fat: 14gSaturated Fat: 5gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 8gCholesterol: 46mgSodium: 1102mgCarbohydrates: 56gFiber: 9gSugar: 21gProtein: 22g
- Maple & Pecan Sweet Potato Casserole Recipe
- Purple Basil, Olive, Ricotta Crostini Recipe
- Green Beans, Parmesan Crumbs, & Lemon Dressing Recipe
- Strawberry Spinach Salad w/ Lemon Vinaigrette Recipe
- Cilantro Lime Rice Recipe
- Chinese Pickled Vegetables Recipe
- Irish Soda Farls Recipe
- French Crème Fraîche Recipe
- Browned Butter Broccoli with Mizithra Cheese Recipe
- Spicy Mini Club Crackers Recipe
- Slow Cooker Macaroni and Cheese
- Rosemary Hasselback Potatoes