Texas Baked Beans belong right up there with pulled pork and bar-b-que sandwiches!!
How do ya have a proper BBQ without this famous side dish? Well… ya don’t!!
That’s why I’m fixin’ to share this family favorite Texas Baked Beans recipe (for a good 15 years) with y’all 🙂
I picked this Texas Baked Beans recipe up when I lived there quite a while ago! A family from our neighborhood had us over for dinner and served these… we left with the recipe AND they’ve been a favorite ever since!!
Unfortunately, it was so long ago that I don’t remember their names to give them proper credit 🙁
Texas Baked Beans
Texas Baked Beans belong right up there with pulled pork and bar-b-que sandwiches!
Prep Time 15 minutes
Cook Time 3 hours
Total Time 3 hours 15 minutes
- 1 lb bacon
- 1 lb hamburger
- 2 onions
- 3 21oz Pork and Beans
- 1 15oz lima beans, drained
- 1 15oz kidney beans, drained
- 2 tablespoon vinegar
- 1 cup ketchup
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1 teaspoon liquid smoke
- In a large skillet, combine first 3 ingredients, cook thoroughly.
- Combine all ingredients in slow cooker.
- Cook on low for 6 hours or high for 3 hours.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 420Total Fat: 14gSaturated Fat: 5gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 8gCholesterol: 46mgSodium: 1102mgCarbohydrates: 56gFiber: 9gSugar: 21gProtein: 22g
Texas Baked Beans
Bacon, beans, Hamburger, liquid smoke, onions
January 26, 2021
- Pasta & Red Sauce, Basil Chicken, & Caramelized Parsnips Recipe
- Pear, Ricotta, & Honey Crostini Recipe
- Purple Basil, Olive, Ricotta Crostini Recipe
- Avocado Stuffed Sweet Potato Recipe
- Irish Bangers & Mash with Brown Gravy Recipe
- Browned Butter Broccoli with Mizithra Cheese Recipe
- Thee Best Homemade Peanut Butter Recipe
- Baked Crispy Chicken, Rice Pilaf, and Green Beans Recipes
Drew Armstrong says
This one is really good…
Thanks Drew… I love it too!! I’m sure we’ll be having it again soon 🙂