Oh baby. These little beauties are going to rock-your-world!
Strawberries and Cream Baked Donuts are every bit as good as they look. I promise y’all.
Breakfast, snack, dessert, or for that matter~ anything in between! You’ll adore them.
- 1/3 cup butter, softened
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 3 eggs, or I like- 1 whole and 4 egg whites to reduce fat/cholesterol
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- Zest of 1 lemon
- 2 1/2 cups flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 cup vanilla fat free greek yogurt
- 16 ounces fresh strawberries, diced (divided)
- Cream Glaze:
- 4 ounces neufatchel cream cheese
- 1 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 3 tablespoon cream
- 1 tablespoon milk
- Preheat oven 350 degrees.
- Heavily coat donut pan with cooking spray.
- Set aside.
- Combine flour, baking soda, salt, and lemon zest; set aside.
- In a seperate bowl cream together butter and sugar.
- Add yogurt; mix.
- Add eggs one at a time; mix well.
- Add lemon juice; mix in.
- Reserve 1/4 cup flour mixture.
- Add remaining flour mixture all at once and mix to 80% combined.
- Toss 12 ounces of strawberries in reserved flour and add to batter; gently stir in by hand to incorportate.
- Fill gallon ziplock with batter, zip closed, snip the corner and fill each donut form 3/4 the way full.
- Cook 8-9 minutes or until springs back with gentle touch, let rest 2 minutes in pan and turn out to cool.
- Cream Glaze:
- In small mixing bowl, beat cream cheese until smooth.
- Add half of powdered sugar; mix to incorporate.
- Add cream and milk; mix.
- Add remaining powdered sugar; mix.
- Add salt and vanilla; mix
- Spread glaze on cooled donuts.
- Fill center with additional diced strawberries, if desired.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 217Total Fat: 6gSaturated Fat: 4gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 2gCholesterol: 38mgSodium: 137mgCarbohydrates: 33gFiber: 1gSugar: 22gProtein: 3g
If you don’t have a donut pan, no worries, you can bake these up in a muffin tin. It works just fine but you may need bake them a little bit longer.
I hope y’all LOVE these Strawberries and Cream Baked Donuts as much as we do… they’re everything you’re hoping for and more 🙂