I have some wonderful news to share with you… Do you remember my Be an Overcomer post a few weeks ago? I dedicated it to my sweet father who’s been battling cancer but, we got some wonderful news yesterday!! His docs have declared him in remission. I am beyond grateful and just thought I’d share the good news 🙂
One other cool thing… that Blackberry Barista Balsamic Marscapone Tartlette and I are off to Seattle next week! I was so happy to receive the news and I can hardly wait… a total Foodie Mecca for me- Attending IFBC, having extra with the Girard Chefs, and of course all kinds of amazing food! YAY 🙂
Now, onto our delicious Pumpkin recipe… Pumpkin has got to be in my top 5 baking flavors ever.
I love it!
To start off our pumpkin season, I’m happy to introduce y’all to my Baked Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Donuts.
Baked Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Donuts
- 3 eggs or 1 whole egg and 4 egg whites to reduce fat/cholest
- 3/4 C white sugar
- 3/4 C brown sugar
- 1/4 C butter, softened
- 1/4 C fat free vanilla greek yogurt
- 14 oz pumpkin puree
- 1 1/2 tsp pumpkin spice
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1 3/4 C flour
- 1/2 C mini semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 C semi-sweet chocolate chips for drizzle
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Coat donut pan generously with cooking spray.
- In a large mixing bowl beat eggs until light and fluffy (approx 2 min)
- Add white and brown sugar; mix well.
- Add butter and greek yogurt; mix.
- Add pumpkin puree, mix.
- In a small mixing bowl combine dry ingredients.
- Add all dry ingredients all at once and mix until 80% incorporated.
- Add mini chocolate chips.
- Stir by hand- just until combined.
- Do not over mix.
- Spoon batter into a gallon sized ziplock freezer bag, snip 1/4 inch off one corner.
- Squeeze batter into pan, filling each mold 2/3 the way full.
- Cook 10-12 minutes until the center springs back with light touch.
- Rest one minute in pan, turn out onto cooling rack to completely cool.
- Repeat with remaining batter (my pan only cooks 6 at a time).
- Once all donuts are cooled.
- Place 1/2 C chocolate chips in microwave safe bowl, microwave 30 sec, stir well.
- Microwave 15 seconds, stirring well until all lumps are melted.
- Repeat if nessesary.
- Use a fork to drizzle chocolate across the tops of donuts.
- Allow chocolate to set.
You’re going to be in Pumpkin Heaven with these little babies.
Oh man. They’re super good… I hope you enjoy my Baked Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Donuts in your autumn baking this year!
Happy Thursday and Happy Pumpkin Season 🙂
That’s awesome news on your dad!!! Yay!!