We’re so excited to share our Baked Blueberry Lemon Donuts Recipe with you today! Our lemon blueberry donuts with a lemon glaze are sure to be loved and made again and again in your kitchens! OMG. Everyone will rave about your baked lemon blueberry donuts and never guess that they’ve been made “skinny” with our favorite cut calorie baking tricks!
Why we love Baked Blueberry Lemon Donuts Recipe
These baked blueberry lemon donuts are a mouth-watering way to incorporate some delightful blueberries into your breakfast or snack. Don’t worry~ if you don’t happen to have a cute donut baking pan, you can bake these up in a muffin tin or even a mini muffin tin might be fun!
Healthy Benefits of Blueberries
I love it when fresh blueberries are on sale so I can bake with them to my little hearts content. I also like to freeze a bunch to use through out the winter. Blueberries are one of my favorites~ did you realize how good they are for you? They are.
Blueberries are packed with Vitamin C, Fiber, Manganese all of which help our hearts, our brains, our insulin response, and they’re cancer fighting too! All that wrapped up in each flavor-bursting-bite. Mmmm mmm.
Helpful baking tips for higher elevations:
- If you live 3,000 feet above sea level or more it is considered high elevation and may take longer to cook/bake.
- Adjustments are needed for 5000+ feet and above:
- Reduce baking powder: for each teaspoon, decrease 1/8 to 1/4 teaspoon.
- Reduce sugar: for each cup, decrease 2 tablespoons.
- Increase liquid: for each cup, add 2 to 4 tablespoons.
- Increase oven temperature by 25 degrees F.
- Check if it is done a little early.
- This takes some trial and error to get it right for you.
Learn more HERE
Baked Blueberry Lemon Donuts Recipe
We’re so excited to share our Baked Blueberry Lemon Donuts Recipe with y’all today!
- 1 1/2 cups + 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour, divided
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoons sea salt
- 1 cup fat free vanilla greek yogurt
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 large eggs, 2 egg whites
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon zest, approx 1 lemons
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 1/2 cups blueberries, fresh or frozen
- Lemon Glaze:
- 1 cup confectioners’ sugar, sifted
- 2 to 3 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Coat donut pan or muffin tin well with cooking spray.
- Reapply cooking spray between each batch, if needed.
- In a large bowl, sift together flour, baking powder and salt; set aside.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the yogurt, sugar, eggs, lemon zest, vanilla, and oil.
- Make a well in the center of dry ingredients.
- Add wet ingredients into the well.
- Mix to 80 % incorporated.
- In a separate bowl, mix the blueberries with the remaining tablespoon of flour, and fold them very gently into the batter.
- Scoop batter into a large ziplock freezer bag, zip closed, and snip end of one corner big enough for the blueberries to move thru with the batter.
- Fill each donut or muffin mold 2/3rd's the way full.
- Bake 10-12 minutes or until springs back with a light touch.
- (do not want to brown)
- Rest 2 minutes in pan, invert to remove, cool on cooling rack.
- Lemon Glaze:
- In a small bowl, whisk together the confectioners’ sugar and 2-3 tablespoons of the lemon juice.
- The mixture should be thick but pourable.
- Add up to another tablespoon of lemon juice if the mixture is too stiff.
- Drizzle glaze over the top of each donut and let it drip down the sides.
- Let the lemon glaze harden, about 15 minutes, before serving.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 113Total Fat: 2gSaturated Fat: 0gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 2gCholesterol: 21mgSodium: 132mgCarbohydrates: 22gFiber: 1gSugar: 20gProtein: 2g
More Healthy Breakfast Recipes
A few more baked donut recipes for you to enjoy!
Baked Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Donuts
Baked Banana Bread Donuts with Browned Butter Glaze
Strawberries and Cream Baked Donuts
Enjoy today’s Baked Blueberry Lemon Donuts Recipe this week!
One more thing before you go…
We love creating recipes and sharing our adventures with you, so if you can do us a huge favor it’d really support us! It’s easier to stay motivated to share our best with you when we hear from you! We adore our readers and it really makes our day to get comments, social tags/shares, or pins that you save for later to share with your family and friends. Our hearts sing when you do.
We SEE you and we do our very best to respond to all the love! It also amps up our mo-jo so we get lots of awesome things done around here. Please reach out if you have questions or comments via our email: email@example.com. We’re excited to see you again soon!
Cooking with Ruthie on Instagram
Cooking with Ruthie on Pinterest
Cooking with Ruthie on Facebook
Thanks for sharing in the CWR blog-love!
Ruthie & Madeliene
The pin icons fall on top of the recipe text, which isn’t very helpful.
Hi Jen… sorry for the frustration. It seems to take just a little bit for the pintrest pin to stabilize, then it’s good to go. I hope you love this recipe! xoxo~ Ruthie
2 eggs plus 2 egg whites???
Yes, if you want to reduce fat and cholesterol or you can use 3 whole eggs instead- they turn out great either way. I hope you love them! xoxo~ Ruthie
To make the blueberry lemon can l use sour cream instead of yogurt l don’t have any and like to make for diner
Yes… sour cream will work great! You’ll LOVE them 🙂 xoxo~ Ruthie
Thanks Ruthie, They look yummy and way healthier. My son Loves donuts so I will make some of these!
They’re SO good… we love this recipe! I hope your son loves them too 🙂
Hi I love the picture of the lemon donuts and would love to make some I live in Yorkshire England and am not too familiar with the measurements is 1c a cup do you have a weight equivalent please
They’re are some of our favorites~ 1 cup of flour is 4 1/2 ounces or approximately 125 grams. I hope you enjoy them! xoxo~ Ruthie
I love your presentation of your donuts and recipes. They all look delicious. I can’t wait to try them. Thanks for sharing your talent. Trudy
Thank you so much!! They’re are so fun for brunch or breakfast! 🙂
Does it have to be fat free yogurt?
It does not have to be fat free yogurt! That’s just our personal fave and healthy spin on it. 🙂 Any yogurt will be fabulous!!