Lemon Coconut Muffins are just what your spring time brunch needs- they’re moist and flaky at the same time! Yummmm.
I’m so happy Spring has officially sprung!
I love all the seasons but Spring is my fave… I love to see all the beautiful daffodils, tulips, and iris bloom one right after the other. I also love to enjoy a nice weekend brunch out in the sunshine on the back deck… it just makes me so happy.
- 2 cups flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 3/4 tsp sea salt
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 cup unsweetened coconut flakes
- 2/3 cup lowfat buttermilk, room temperature
- 1/3 cup applesauce, room temperature
- 1/3 C coconut oil, warmed to liquid
- 1 whole egg, 2 egg whites, room temperature
- 2 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon lemon zest
- toasted coconut flakes, garnish
- Preheat oven 400 degrees.
- Line muffin pan with paper liners; set aside.
- In a mixing bowl add flour, baking powder, sugar, coconut flakes, and sea salt; whisk to combine.
- In a small mixing bowl combine buttermilk, applesauce, eggs, coconut oil, lemon juice, and lemon zest; mix to combine.
- Make a well in the center of the dry ingredients, pour in wet, stir until just incorporated.
- (don't over mix)
- Divide batter into liners; filling about 2/3 the way full.
- Sprinkle toasted coconut flakes on top and lightly press to adhere.
- Bake 13-17 minutes until lightly golden and toothpick inserted in center removes clean.
- Cool on cooling rack.
I hope you and your family love these Spring-inspired Lemon Coconut Muffins as much we do! Between me and Jake and Kate our muffins didn’t last long, they were completely gone by lunch 🙂
Enjoy these other spring recipe ideas…
Lemon Coconut Muffins are the perfect brunch recipe! Served up with some hard boiled eggs and a tall glass of OJ~ MMMmmmm.
Happy Thursday 🙂
Much Love and Peace~