Here’s the story of Strawberries and Cream Cupcakes:
As I was searching around for a cute Valentine style cupcake to post…I happened across a couple different recipes and decided to combine and adapt them which successfully produced my “Strawberries and Cream Cupcakes”!! They’re made from a cake mix so that’s an easy plus but they have such a Strawberry and Creamy taste that you can hardly eat just one!
… Just saying!!
My inspirations came from a cute site www.yourcupofcake.com ! She has a ton of wonderful desserts over there… mouth watering, actually!
Jake says these Strawberries and Cream Cupcakes are his “new favorites” before these it was my Apple Cider Cupcakes!! He’s a sweet little guy and he even suggested a little competition between us for who could bake the best cupcakes! He made his cupcakes one night and I made mine the next! I gotta say he did a really great job for 12 year old flying solo : )
Picture posted of each of our competition pieces at the end of this post… in all fairness I took them when they were each a day old! AND I love that kid!!
I love strawberry shortcake… my husband said these cupcake taste like strawberry shortcake so, I took that as a huge compliment : D
Strawberries and Cream Cupcakes are really pretty easy to make but they also taste so delish AND look too cute to eat but, I promise you will hardly be able to eat just one!! ENJOY!!
Mom and Jake’s competition Cupcakes:
- 1 box vanilla cake mix
- 3 eggs
- 3/4 cup light sour cream
- 1/4 cup strawberry jam
- 1/3 cup buttermilk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/2 teapoon almond extract
- 8 ounces cream cheese
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 3 - 31/2 cups powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/3 cup strawberries, diced
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees, line muffin tins with liners (yields approx 18-20).
- In a large mixing bowl beat eggs,add sour cream, jam, buttermilk, vanilla, and almond extract beat until smooth.
- Sift in cake mix, mix on low until smooth.
- Fill liners 2/3 rds the way full. (I use a large cookie scoop and it works perfectly)
- Bake for 18-20 minutes or until springs back with a light touch.
- Frosting: In a small mixing bowl cream butter, add cream cheese, beat until smooth. Add vanilla. Add 1 cup powdered sugar at a time, beat well. (reserve 1/2 C to thicken, if needed, after the strawberries are added) Add strawberries, if too soft to pipe, add another 1/2 C powdered sugar.
- Refrigerate cupcakes.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 1215Total Fat: 11gSaturated Fat: 7gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 4gCholesterol: 55mgSodium: 294mgCarbohydrates: 281gFiber: 0gSugar: 264gProtein: 3g
- Cranberry Orange Loaf with Orange Frosting Recipe
- Baked Gingerbread Doughnuts Recipe
- Chocolate Bundt Cake with Chocolate Ganache Recipe
- Irish Cream Bundt Cake Recipe
- Chocolate Filled Cupcakes with Rose Water Frosting Recipe
- Peach Tart with Sweet Peach Glaze Recipe
- Eggnog Bundt Cake with Eggnog Frosting Recipe
- Candy Cane White Chocolate Mini Cheesecakes Recipe