Here’s the story of Strawberries and Cream Cupcakes:
As I was searching around for a cute Valentine style cupcake to post…I happened across a couple different recipes and decided to combine and adapt them which successfully produced my “Strawberries and Cream Cupcakes”!! They’re made from a cake mix so that’s an easy plus but they have such a Strawberry and Creamy taste that you can hardly eat just one!
… Just saying!!
My inspirations came from a cute site www.yourcupofcake.com ! She has a ton of wonderful desserts over there… mouth watering, actually!
Jake says these Strawberries and Cream Cupcakes are his “new favorites” before these it was my Apple Cider Cupcakes!! He’s a sweet little guy and he even suggested a little competition between us for who could bake the best cupcakes! He made his cupcakes one night and I made mine the next! I gotta say he did a really great job for 12 year old flying solo : )
Picture posted of each of our competition pieces at the end of this post… in all fairness I took them when they were each a day old! AND I love that kid!!
I love strawberry shortcake… my husband said these cupcake taste like strawberry shortcake so, I took that as a huge compliment : D
Strawberries and Cream Cupcakes are really pretty easy to make but they also taste so delish AND look too cute to eat but, I promise you will hardly be able to eat just one!! ENJOY!!
Mom and Jake’s competition Cupcakes:
Strawberries and Cream Cupcakes...
As I was searching around for a cute Valentine style cupcake to post...I happened across a couple different recipes and decided to combine and adapt them which successfully produced my "Strawberries and Cream Cupcakes"!!
- 1 box vanilla cake mix
- 3 eggs
- 3/4 cup light sour cream
- 1/4 cup strawberry jam
- 1/3 cup buttermilk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/2 teapoon almond extract
- 8 ounces cream cheese
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 3 - 31/2 cups powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/3 cup strawberries, diced
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees, line muffin tins with liners (yields approx 18-20).
- In a large mixing bowl beat eggs,add sour cream, jam, buttermilk, vanilla, and almond extract beat until smooth.
- Sift in cake mix, mix on low until smooth.
- Fill liners 2/3 rds the way full. (I use a large cookie scoop and it works perfectly)
- Bake for 18-20 minutes or until springs back with a light touch.
- Frosting: In a small mixing bowl cream butter, add cream cheese, beat until smooth. Add vanilla. Add 1 cup powdered sugar at a time, beat well. (reserve 1/2 C to thicken, if needed, after the strawberries are added) Add strawberries, if too soft to pipe, add another 1/2 C powdered sugar.
- Refrigerate cupcakes.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 1215Total Fat: 11gSaturated Fat: 7gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 4gCholesterol: 55mgSodium: 294mgCarbohydrates: 281gFiber: 0gSugar: 264gProtein: 3g
- Cranberry Orange Loaf with Orange Frosting Recipe
- Baked Gingerbread Doughnuts Recipe
- Tiffany Blue Frosting Recipe
- Reece’s Peanut Butter Cup Bars
- Eggnog Bundt Cake with Eggnog Frosting Recipe
- Candy Cane White Chocolate Mini Cheesecakes Recipe
- Tiffany Blue and Vanilla Cupcakes Recipe
- Breast Cancer Awareness Cupcakes
Violet Yang Secrest on Facebook says
Yummo!! Gonna make this for my kids….since sexy buns doesn’t really do sweets…I know!! Go figure!
Your kiddos will be super happy with them!! LOL.. that husband of yours may even like them too!
Julie Andrus Higginson on Facebook says
I made these yesterday! Yum!
Ruth Andrus Armstrong on Facebook says
Oh sweet!!! I love hearing… That’s awesome!!