French Bread Pizza Recipe is a long-time family favorite! The secret is in how to make french bread pizza not soggy!! Nobody likes a soggy pizza and we are the sharing the trick with you! It’s all about a piping hot oven, high heat, and quick bake time. French Bread Pizza so super simple to make and tastes waaaaay better than Stouffer’s french bread pizza!
French Bread Pizza Recipe
Apparently, their kids loved doing it! Gordan and Audra said, “they’ve never eaten so good!!” I offered to blog some kid cooking-friendly recipes that are easy and good tasting! So, this French Bread Pizza is dedicated to them 😉
My daughter Kate (who is taller than me now!?!?!) and her friend Alex are the chef’s for this recipe.
Cooking instructions for French Bread Pizza
Most recipes similar to this one that I’ve tasted end up with a soggy crust… the trick here is to bake it fast and at a really high temperature!
• Pre-heat oven to 500 degrees.
• Cut the french bread in half lengthwise, put the halves on a cookie sheet open faced, spread a 1/4 of the jar on each side.
• Put on your favorite toppings, and top each half with 1/2 cup cheese.
• Prepare and bake two halves at time and repeat for additional pizzas.
• Bake for 5-7 minutes till the cheese is melted and slightly browned.
• Cut into 2 inch wide strips and serve.
Ingredients for French Bread Pizza Recipe
• 2 loaves of French Bread
• 1 jar of pizza sauce (if you like more sauce, you may want 2 jars)
• Any toppings your family likes: Pepperoni, Canadian Bacon, chicken, green peppers, onion, pineapple, mushrooms, olives, tomatoes, etc
• 2-4 cups Mozzarella Cheese shredded
Here are a few more pizza recipes for you to enjoy:
Salad inspiration to serve along with your French Bread Pizza Recipe!
Step-by-Step tutorial for French Bread Pizza Recipe:
|Slice bread length wise|
|Add sauce, then toppings|
|Top with cheese|
|Bake 500 degrees 5-6 minutes|
|Slice and Serve|
We love to hear about your magical cooking moments. . . if you get a chance to make this recipe leave us a comment or tag us on Instagram @cookingwithruthie so we can share the joy of cooking with you!
One more thing before you go!. . . be inspired with CWR Recipe, Travel, and a variety of Etceteras every week by signing up to receive our emails! Click here to subscribe. We send out our newest posts, a collection of our latest favorites, and more! We love to stay connected with you.
Ruthie & Madeliene