Today’s French Bread Pizza Recipe makes a quick and easy dinner plus it’s a long-time family favorite! It’s pepperoni pizza done right…the whole family will go crazy over this simple to make dinner! The secret’s in how to bake it so your french bread pizza is not soggy! Nobody likes a soggy pizza and we’re the sharing the trick with you. This pizza so super simple to make and tastes way better than Stouffer’s french bread pizza!
The Story of French Bread Pizza Recipe
Basically each child gets to pick the meal, which must include… a vegetable, a main dish, and a salad. The child is responsible to tell the parents what groceries are needed and then each kid has a night they cook their meal.
Apparently, their kids loved doing it! Gordan and Audra said, “they’ve never eaten so good!!” I offered to blog some kid cooking-friendly recipes that are easy and good tasting! So, this French Bread Pizza is dedicated to them 😉
My daughter Kate (who is taller than me now!?!?!) and her friend Alex are the chef’s for this recipe.
How to make French Bread Pizza
Most recipes similar to this one that I’ve tasted end up with a soggy crust–the trick here is to bake it fast and at a really high temperature!
• Pre-heat oven to 500 degrees.
• Cut the french bread in half lengthwise, put the halves on a cookie sheet open faced, spread a 1/4 of the jar on each side.
• Put on your favorite toppings, and top each half with 1/2 cup cheese.
• Prepare and bake two halves at time and repeat for additional pizzas.
• Bake for 5-7 minutes till the cheese is melted and slightly browned.
• Cut into 2 inch wide strips and serve.
Ingredients in French Bread Pizza Recipe
• 2 loaves of French Bread
• 1 jar of pizza sauce (if you like more sauce, you may want 2 jars)
• Any toppings your family likes: Pepperoni, Canadian Bacon, chicken, green peppers, onion, pineapple, mushrooms, olives, tomatoes, etc
• 2-4 cups Mozzarella Cheese shredded
Add a Salad
Step-by-Step tutorial French Bread Pizza Recipe
|Slice bread length wise|
|Add sauce, then toppings|
|Top with cheese|
|Bake 500 degrees 5-6 minutes|
|Slice and Serve|
- 2 loaves of French Bread
- 1 (14 ounce) jar of pizza sauce (if you like more sauce, you may want 2 jars)
- Any toppings your family likes: Pepperoni, Canadian Bacon, chicken, green peppers, onion, pineapple, mushrooms, olives, tomatoes, etc
- 2-4 cups Mozzarella Cheese shredded
- Pre-heat oven to 500 degrees.
- Cut the french bread in half lengthwise, put the halves on a cookie sheet open faced, spread a 1/4 of the jar on each side.
- Put on your favorite toppings, and top each half with 1/2 cup cheese.
- Prepare and bake two halves at time and repeat for additional pizzas.
- Bake for 5-7 minutes till the cheese is melted and slightly browned.
- Cut into 2 inch wide strips and serve.
- Enjoy your French Bread Pizza Recipe!
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 572Total Fat: 36gSaturated Fat: 20gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 13gCholesterol: 133mgSodium: 1146mgCarbohydrates: 21gFiber: 2gSugar: 6gProtein: 40g
More Pizza Recipes
One more thing before you go…
We love creating recipes and sharing our adventures with you, so if you can do us a huge favor it’d really support us! It’s easier to stay motivated to share our best with you when we hear from you! We adore our readers and it really makes our day to get comments, social tags/shares, or pins that you save for later to share with your family and friends.
Our hearts sing when you do.
We SEE you and we do our very best to respond to all the love! It also amps up our mo-jo so we get lots of awesome things done around here. Please reach out if you have questions or comments via our email: email@example.com. We’re excited to see you again soon!
Thanks for sharing in the CWR blog-love!
Ruthie & Madeliene
- Mini M&M Cookies Recipe
- J’ADORE Cookbook
- Los Angeles, California Best Hole in the Wall Restaurants; An Insiders Guide
- Tiramisu Milkshake Recipe
- Lemon Garlic Steak Marinade Recipe
- White Chocolate Strawberries Recipe
- Coca-Cola BBQ Pulled Chicken Sandwich Recipe
- Candy Cane White Chocolate Mini Cheesecakes Recipe