Apple Cucumber Tossed Salad is a healthy addition to any meal and perfect for fall!
Hip-hooray!! It’s Fit Friday! 🙂
As y’all know today’s the day Miss Nichole from Pure Clean Fitness comes to hang out with us! We’re so excited to share this Apple Cucumber Tossed Salad and Trail Running Tips with y’all today!!
Apple Cucumber Tossed Salad is a simple yet delicious side that can be ready in minutes! If it were me, I’d first make it to compliment the main dish at dinner and then eat the leftovers the next day for lunch! I would add chicken or salmon and just enjoy the rich flavor while eating a healthy meal that is good for you! Let the meal love you back!
Miss Nichole’s Trail Running Tips. . .
Fall is here and the leaves are gorgeous! I live in Utah, beautiful mountains just a few minutes away, it is a bit of heaven. Although I will admit, fall in Ohio and back is east is pretty gorgeous too. I went to college in Ohio, I hated the winters and summers there but fall was breathtaking with all of the trees. With all of that said today we are talking about trail running.
Trail running gives us a chance to change up your scenery and enjoy a little more of this world. It also gives you some other benefits:
1) The softer surface is good for you body. Less impact on your knees and joints is nothing but good!
2) It is great for your core. More stability means you are using more muscles.
3) All over balance…and I don’t mean physical balance. I am all about a well balanced life, that means body, mind, and spirit. Nature and being outside connects our spirit to something greater than ourselves. The trails will bring you much needed balance in life!
So, get outside and enjoy this beautiful weather!
Apple Cucumber Tossed Salad is a nutritious side that your body will thank you for!
Happy Fit Friday!
Much Love and Peace~
Nichole and Ruthie
- Tossed Salad:
- 4 cups mixed greens
- 1 fuji apple, seeded and medium diced
- 1 english cucumber, 1/4 inch sliced
- 1/3 cup golden berry blend, dried blueberries, cranberries, cherries, golden raisins
- 2 tablespoons raw sunflower seeds
- Apple Cinnamon Vinaigrette:
- ¾ cup dijon mustard
- 2 egg yolks
- ¼ cup red onion, minced
- 1 cup cider vinegar
- 1 cup apple cider
- 2 teaspoon fresh lemon juiced
- 1½ cups olive oil
- ½ tablespoon cinnamon
- 1-2 tablespoons agave
- sea salt and pepper, to taste
- Combine all salad ingredients in a large serving bowl; toss to distribute.
- Serve with dressing.
- Apple Cinnamon Vinaigrette:
- Place the egg yolks, mustard, lemon juice, cinnamon, some salt and pepper, and vinegar in a blender.
- Blend and slowly drizzle in oil to emulsify.
- Allow to continue blending and slowly add the apple cider and agave as it thickens.
- Add additional seasonings if needed.
- (Add more cider to thin it out if needed.)
- Turkey, Sweet Potato, & Blue Cheese Salad Recipe
- Turkey Mushroom Pasta Bake Recipe
- Maple & Pecan Sweet Potato Casserole Recipe
- Herbed Braided Breadsticks w/ Broccoli Cheese Soup Recipe
- Autumn M&M Blondies Recipe
- Grilled Red Wine and Garlic Elk Steak Recipe
- Pumpkin Pancakes with Caramel Cinnamon Syrup
- Hot Turkey Provolone Sandwich with Basil Mayo Recipe
- Baked Banana Bread Donuts with Browned Butter Glaze Recipe
- Apple Pie Bites Recipe
- Rosemary Citrus Turkey Recipe
- Grandma Linda's Rolls Recipe