*This is a sponsored post written by me on behalf of The Hillshire Brands Company. All opinions are entirely my own.
Sage, Sausage, Olive Pizza Pull-Apart Loaf is a quick, easy, and cheesy-delicious appetizer… a sure WIN for your Super Bowl Party!!
The Big Game is almost here and even if you’re not an avid football fan~ it’s still a great reason to throw an awesome Super Bowl Party! Every great party needs really great food so, I was excited to create an appetizer recipe with Jimmy Dean® sage sausage and Walmart® to share with you.
Just a quick trip to Walmart to grab a loaf of Marketside Bake at Home Sourdough Boule in the Bakery Department, Jimmy Dean sage sausage and some Great Value Cheese in the refrigerated section, a couple of Great Value canned items, and you’re on way to this delicious appetizer!
While you’re at Walmart don’t forget to grab a few other must-have Super Bowl Party items like: chips and salsa, your families favorite soda or drink, a vegetable tray, and a couple bags of something chocolate (gotta to satisfy that sweet tooth)!
Now, lets get to our Sage, Sausage, Olive Pizza Pull-Apart Loaf…
It’s sooooo easy to make! Y’all are just going to love it.
Using a serrated knife, gently cut 1/2 inch slices (without slicing completely through) vertically and then horizontally across the Marketside Bake at Home Sourdough Boule being careful to keep base of the loaf intact. Set the cut loaf on 2 sheets of foil that are slightly overlapping and on a cookie sheet for baking.
Next, pipe in the pizza sauce using a sandwich baggie to assist you… it seemed easiest for me to work from the outside to the center, pulling apart each row as I piped in the sauce, working with one half of the load at a time.
Then to the fun part: adding the toppings! Working in a similar manor as the sauce; add the mozzarella cheese to each row, next add the Jimmy Dean sage sausage and olives, and then top it off with 1/2 cup of parmesan cheese and the Great Value Pizza Seasoning. Form foil around the bottom and sides of the stuffed loaf to make clean up a snap and help with holding it’s shape while baking.
I love fresh sage! It’s so beautiful and fuzzy and soft. It adds a nice, fresh flavor pop to our recipe and works wonderfully for a garnish.
The thinly sliced fresh sage is lovely addition but make sure to add it near the end of the bake time to avoid having it dry out too much. I added it about the last 5 minutes and it was perfecto! (plus I added a little more when it was done baking- the more the merrier, right?!)
Sage, Sausage, Olive Pizza Pull-Apart Loaf
- 1 great value bake at home sourdough boule
- 1 16 ounces Jimmy Dean sage sausage, using 1 cup
- 1/2 cup great value medium size olive sliced
- 2 cups mozzarella cheese
- 1 cup pizza sauce + sandwich bag for preparing
- 1/2 cup parmesan cheese
- 1-2 tablespoon great value pizza seasoning
- 2-3 tablespoons fresh sage thinly sliced
- garnish with additional sage leaves if desired
- Preheat oven 375 degrees F.
- Layer paper towels on a plate; set aside.
- In a medium sized skillet, stirring to break up, cook Jimmy Dean Sage Sausage to 170 degrees and browned.
- Place cooked sausage on prepared plate, allowing excess grease to be absorbed, pressing with additional paper towels to release; set aside.
- Using a serrated knife, gently cut 1/2 inch slices (without slicing completely through) vertically and then horizontally across the Marketside Bake at Home Sourdough Boule being careful to keep base of the loaf intact.
- Set the cut loaf on 2 sheets of foil that are slightly overlapping on a cookie sheet.
- Place pizza sauce in a sandwich baggie, remove as much air as possible and zip or twist the top closed.
- Cut 1/4 inch off the end of one corner of the baggie.
- Pipe in the pizza sauce, work from the outside to the center, pulling apart each row and piping, working with one half of the load at a time.
- Working in a similar manor add toppings; mozzarella cheese, sage sausage, and sliced olives.
- Top with parmesan cheese and great value pizza seasoning.
- Bake 20-23 minutes or until cheese is melted and top browns.
- (cover top with a sheet of foil if getting too browned)
- Last 5 minutes of bake time add fresh sage.
- Place on serving platter and garnish.
Place loaf on serving platter, hand out the napkins, and enjoy our Sage, Sausage, Olive Pizza Pull-Apart Loaf at your Super Bowl Party!
I hope your Super Bowl Party is deliciously fun this year!
Much Love and Peace~