The other day I was watching the Paula Deen Show and she made these fun little “Sausage Balls” she called them. So, I jotted down the recipe to give them a try AND to see if I could make them a little healthier too.
I try to make my recipes as healthy as possible without sacrificing any flavor 🙂
These little Sausage Biscuits are actually quiet addicting! We’ve totally LOVED them…
- 2 C whole grain bisquick
- 1 C sharp cheddar cheese, finely shredded
- 1 19.5 package sweet italian turkey sausage, casing removed
- 12 grape tomatoes, cut in half
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large mixing bowl combine turkey sausage, cheese, and bisquick; kneading with hands until mixed thoroughly.
- Roll into 1 inch balls, place on sprayed cookie sheet.
- Press thumb into each ball, place 1/2 grape tomato in each indent.
- Bake 15-20 minutes until lightly browned on top and browned on the bottoms. Refrigerate leftovers.
Sausage Biscuits are just the right combination… fun for a weekend breakfast or brunch!
AND mmm, hmmm- they are GOOD!
I share this post over at Or so she says a few weeks ago too 🙂
Happy Monday and Happy Cooking!