The other day I was watching the Paula Deen Show and she made these fun little “Sausage Balls” she called them. So, I jotted down the recipe to give them a try AND to see if I could make them a little healthier too.
I’ve written about my weight loss story here (part A & part B) and even though I am a foodie-
I try to make my recipes as healthy as possible without sacrificing any flavor 🙂
These little Sausage Biscuits are actually quiet addicting! We’ve totally LOVED them…
Prep Time 15 minutes
Cook Time 20 minutes
Total Time 35 minutes
- 2 C whole grain bisquick
- 1 C sharp cheddar cheese, finely shredded
- 1 19.5 package sweet italian turkey sausage, casing removed
- 12 grape tomatoes, cut in half
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large mixing bowl combine turkey sausage, cheese, and bisquick; kneading with hands until mixed thoroughly.
- Roll into 1 inch balls, place on sprayed cookie sheet.
- Press thumb into each ball, place 1/2 grape tomato in each indent.
- Bake 15-20 minutes until lightly browned on top and browned on the bottoms. Refrigerate leftovers.
Sausage Biscuits are just the right combination… fun for a weekend breakfast or brunch!
AND mmm, hmmm- they are GOOD!
I share this post over at Or so she says a few weeks ago too 🙂
Happy Monday and Happy Cooking!
bisquick, Cheese, Tomato, turkey sausage
April 17, 2019
Chandra@The Plaid and Paisley Kitchen says
Thanks for sharing on Show Me Your Plaid Monday’s!!!
The Contessa (Linda) says
I only make something similar to this at Christmas. I don’t know why. They would be great anytime. Thanks for the reminder.
We’re having a party at Tumbleweed Contessa – What’d You Do This Weekend? These would be a hit as well as a reminder of a holiday favorite for breakfast any time. Hope you can bring them by. https://www.tumbleweedcontessa.com/blog/whatd-you-do-this-weekend-10/
Have a great week,
Yes, mam! I will come a share them… they’re so great for breakfast any day of the year 🙂 xoxo~ Ruthie
Cindy @Hun... What's for Dinner? says
Oh, I love this idea!! Thank you for sharing with Simple Supper Tuesday.