I’m excited to share this amazing NEW cookbook by Six Sister’s Stuff with all of you today! I love these ladies… they’re just as sweet in person as they seem on their blog. I was thrilled to be able to do an early review and be a part of their blog tour 🙂
When my copy showed up in the mail, I sat right down with a lovely cup of herbal tea and proceeded to dog-ear half the book!
It’s seriously chock full of delicious recipes… such fun and easy ideas that every family will enjoy.
SO, I thought it would be fun to make and share a recipe with all of you… I picked the Easy 7-up Biscuits because I was intrigued to see if such an easy recipe could really be THAT good?
AND the part of me that has-to-adapt recipes wanted to see if a low-fat sour cream, whole grain bisquick, and cutting the butter in half would still be just as tasty- AND it was. Unbelievably tasty!
Like the best biscuits I think I’ve ever had 🙂
- 1/2 C lowfat sour cream
- 2 C whole grain bisquick, plus additional for dusting
- 1/2 C 7-up
- 2 Tbsp butter
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- Cut sour cream into bisquick mix with a fork.
- Add 7-up and stir just until combined.
- It makes a very soft dough.
- Sprinkle extra bisquick on the counter and pat dough out to 1/4 inch. (don't knead dough just pat flat)
- Pour melted butter into 9 inch square pan.
- Cut dough into circles, place into prepared pan.
- Bake 12-14 minutes or until golden brown.
- Yields: 12
The Six Sister’s have issued a 4×4 Dinner Challenge with a giveaway too…
“During the month of March, we encourage you to have dinner with your family four nights per week, for four weeks. It’s really easier than you think…and we’ll provide tips and recipes to help you throughout the month. We all know that family dinners are important – they’re often the glue that binds families together, that provides us valuable time to discuss the day’s events, and even gives us moments to laugh and enjoy each other’s company.
Please join with us to build families, one meal at a time.
We also invite you to share with us (and our readers) why you love family dinners and how they unite your family. You can do so on our Facebook page, via Twitter, or through a photo on Pinterest.
Join the challenge today!”
1) Like the Six Sister’s STUFF facebook page and comment that they are joining the 4×4 Dinner Challenge
2) Click the 4×4 Family dinner banner on the website www.SixSistersStuff.com (on the right sidebar) and leave a comment that they are joining the challenge.
Shared this at
The Frugal Girls
Katie’s Nesting Spot
seven thirty three (Boys link-up!)
The Mandatory Mooch
Showcase Your Talent Thursday
Link Loving Thursday
Thursday Favorite Things
Catch a Glimpse Party