Fennel Sausage Stuffing Recipe is made with rosemary bread, fennel, chicken sausage, and splash of white wine. It’s a beautiful spin on the classic stuffing dish! Every year as the holidays approach, I always like to find delicious new spins on classic holiday recipes because sometimes it’s just fun to mix it up a little bit. I really like today’s sausage stuffing recipe because it uses chicken sausage which is more on the healthy side!
As always, our Fit Friday with Miss Nichole from Pure Clean Coaching is today! So happy that she comes every week to share her awesome fitness knowledge with us! If you want check out more of our Fit Friday posts then CLICK HERE!
Ingredients in our Fennel Sausage Stuffing Recipe:
- rosemary bread
- extra-virgin olive oil
- dry white wine
- fennel seeds
- fresh fennel bulb
- ground chicken sausage
- grated lemon peel
- low-salt chicken broth
- 2 large eggs
We hope you enjoy our Fennel Sausage Stuffing Recipe & some of these side dish recipes too!
- Brown Sugar Banana Squash
- Maple, Pecan, Sweet Potato Casserole
- Sweet and Savory Butternut Squash Recipe
- Southwest Roasted Cauliflower
- Lion House Potato Casserole
- Honey Cinnamon Sweet Potatoes
- Horseradish Mashed Potatoes
- Green Beans with Meyer Lemon Vinaigrette and Parmesan Crumbs
- Mediterranean Lemon Roasted Potatoes Recipe
- Browned Butter, Parmesan, and Almond Green Beans
Fit Friday with Nichole’s & our Fennel Sausage Stuffing Recipe
Well, elections are over and we are getting on with our lives. I am putting the wine away and turning off Facebook for a minute. As I crawl into bed I am pulling out a mindless book, relaxing my brain, and getting ready to sleep instead of turning on the news and getting worked up into a sleepless frenzy. And after a restful sleep in which I don’t dream about the world ending I am getting up, meeting a friend, and heading to the gym.
It is time for some friendly partner workouts, during which I complain about the loads of laundry instead of whatever news story kept my mind turning all night. So grab a friend and let’s hit the gym for this week’s workout.
You can make this covid friendly, making sure you each have your own dumbbells and mat.
One person works while the other one rests. Think through your plan of attack to maximize your workout and your rest periods.
- 16 ounce rosemary bread, cubed into 1/2 inch pieces
- 7 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil, divided
- 4 tablespoons butter, divided
- 1/3 cup dry white wine
- 1 tablespoon fennel seeds
- 2 cups chopped fresh fennel bulb
- 1/2 cup sliced shallots
- 1 1/2 cup cooked ground chicken sausage
- 1 tablespoon finely grated lemon peel
- 1 cup or more low-salt chicken broth
- 2 large eggs beaten
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- In a large bowl; toss bread crumbs in 3 tablespoon olive oil and 2 tablespoons melted butter.
- Spread mixture on large rimmed baking sheet.
- Bake until bread cubes are golden, stirring occasionally; approx 20 to 22 minutes.
- Stir fennel seeds in small dry skillet over medium heat until fragrant and slightly darker; approx 2 to 3 minutes.
- Transfer fennel seeds to a plate to cool.
- Heat 2 tablespoons butter with 3 tablespoons oil in large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add chopped fennel bulb, shallots, coarse salt, and pepper; sauté until fennel is tender and shallots are pale golden; approx 7 minutes.
- Stir fennel seeds, sausage, lemon peel, and white wine into the fennel mixture.
- Coat 13x9x2- Inch glass baking dish with 1 tablespoon oil.
- Toss bread cubes and fennel mixture in a large bowl.
- Add 1 cup broth and eggs; toss until moistened adding up to another 1/4 cup of broth if dry.
- Transfer stuffing to prepared baking dish cover with foil coated lightly with oil, oiled side down.
- Bake until stuffing is heated through; approx 30-40 minutes.
- Serve warm.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 319Total Fat: 21gSaturated Fat: 6gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 14gCholesterol: 68mgSodium: 457mgCarbohydrates: 22gFiber: 2gSugar: 2gProtein: 10g
Fennel Sausage Stuffing Recipe is a nice new twist on the classic side dish, it’ll make all your holiday dinners even more delightful!
We love to hear about your magical cooking moments. If you get a chance to make our recipes then leave us a comment or tag us on Instagram @cookingwithruthie, pin us on Pinterest, or follow along with us on Facebook so we can share in the joy of cooking with you! Please reach out if you have questions or comments via our email: email@example.com. We’re excited to see you again soon!
One more thing before you go…
We love creating recipes and sharing our adventures with you, so if you can do us a huge favor it’d really support us! It’s easier to stay motivated to share our best with you when we hear from you!! We adore our readers and it really makes our day to get comments, social tags/shares, or pins that you save for later to share with your family and friends! Our hearts sing when you do. We SEE you and we do our very best to respond to all the love! It also amps up our mo-jo so we get lots of awesome things done around here.
Thanks for sharing in the CWR blog-love!
Nichole, Ruthie, & Madeliene