Basil Olive Tapenade Crostini’s a beautiful and healthy combination of flavors to start off any party!
Happy Memorial Day!! I’m always grateful to have a day to remember the many generations that went before… that opened the way for each of us to know life as we know it. SO full of gratitude.
I hope you are having a fabulous 3 day weekend and celebrating the beginning of summer! At least in my world that’s what it always marks~ the start of warm weather and summer fun 🙂 If you’re looking for a last minute, quick and easy appetizer to take with you to your Memorial Day get together then these Basil Olive Tapenade Crostini’s are just the thing!
I love Laughing Cow Spreadable Cheese… they’re so good! Have you tried the NEW Creamy Asiago flavor? It’s just fabulous. I love that Laughing Cow comes in the adorable wedges that are only 35 calories each. It’s a delicious way to have creamy-cheesiness with less of calorie punch 🙂
- 1 cup sliced olives
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced fresh basil leaves
- 2 tablespoons high quality extra virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoons white balsamic vinegar
- 1 baguette, 1/4 inch slices
- 2-3 tablespoon olive oil for toasting crostini's
- 1 6 ounce package creamy asiago laughing cow cheese
- sea salt to garnish
- Preheat oven to high broil.
- Slice baguette into 1/4 inch thick slices, drizzle with olive oil, broil 2 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Repeat if necessary and set aside.
- Olive Tapenade:
- In a mixing bowl combine olives, basil leaves, 2 tablespoons olive oil, and white balsamic vinegar; toss to combine.
- When ready to serve- spread Creamy Asiago Laughing Cow Cheese on each crostini, top with approximately a teaspoon of olive tapenade mixture, and sprinkling of coarse sea salt.
- Serve and Enjoy!
Basil Olive Tapenade Crostini’s are the perfect way to welcome guests with beautiful appetizer to any gathering.
Happy Monday and I hope you have a fabulous Memorial Day!
Much Love and Peace~