It’s Fit Friday!! Miss Nichole from Pure Clean Fitness is here to hang out with us! I love having her visit and inspire our fitness!!
This week Nichole’s Goal Setting Tips! A Healthy Recipe: Parmesan Olive Artisan Loaf from me + Goal Setting Tips from Nichole= a healthy, happy, balanced life!
Nichole’s Goal Setting Tips:
We are almost a week into the New Year, by now you have made your goals, you have found your path, and you are still excited about it all….hopefully. We are going to start this Fit Friday New Year with a great workout!
Ruthie’s Healthy Recipe. . .
Parmesan Olive Artisan Loaf is a no-knead bread dough that you’ll fall in completely love with. . . in fact it’s SO good you may want to make a double batch and freeze one!
One of my favorite parts about these kinds of breads (besides that fact that they are simple to make) is that there’s no oil in them. But don’t you worry. . . they’re still moist and soft and amazing in every way!! I love my sourdough starter and it’s been awhile since I’ve shared a sourdough recipe~ you can find my other sourdough creations HERE!
Sourdough starters have been used all around the world for as long as bread making has been an art. When you savor the depth of flavor in this loaf and the beautiful transformation the loaf goes through as it rises, it’s quite remarkable. Beautiful.
Sourdough remained the usual form of leavening down into the European Middle Ages, it’s as old as the hills, in other words 🙂
I hope you’ll jump on board with the Sourdough love that’s going on around here… it’s easy to make you’re own! This a great sourdough started recipe from King Arthur Flour with some awesome tips and tricks for taking care of it. It needs a little bit of love in the form of flour and water a couple times a week if it lives out of the fridge. If you keep it in the fridge then once a week will do it!
Parmesan Olive Artisan Loaf has got to make an appearance at your dinner table! You’ll love it!!
Happy Fit Friday!
Much Love and Peace~
Nichole and Ruthie
- 1 1/2 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 1/2 cup unbleached white flour
- 1 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/8 teaspoon yeast
- 1 1/2 cup sourdough starter
- 1 cup hot water
- 1/2 cup shredded parmesan cheese, divided
- 1/2 cup sliced olives
- Coat one side of a piece of saran wrap with cooking spray; set aside.
- In a large non-metallic bowl combine flours, sea salt, and yeast; mix to combine.
- Add 1/4 cup parmesan cheese and olives; mix.
- Add hot water, stir by hand until evenly moistened.
- Add sourdough starter; mix to incorporate (it will have lumps.)
- Cover entire bowl with prepared saran wrap.
- Let sit for at least 12-18 hours. (can go longer if needed)
- Gently turn out dough onto a lightly floured surface, pull the sides in, and flip the loaf over.
- Cover again with the same saran and let raise for 45 min.
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees with ceramic dutch oven and lid inside.
- Carefully place dough in pot, top with remaining 1/4 cup parmesan cheese, replace lid, and cook for 20-22 minutes - a deep brown, crispy top of loaf is desired.
- Cool on a wire rack.
- Slice and Enjoy!
- Cauliflower Cheese Soup w/ Grilled Cheese Croutons Recipe
- Gingerbread Biscotti Recipe
- Sourdough Zucchini Bread Recipe
- Easy Lemon Sorbet Recipe
- Mediterranean Baked Eggs in Avocado Recipe
- Steak & Linguini Pasta with Creamy Tomato Basil Sauce Recipe
- Grilled Chicken with Spicy Mayo Sandwich Recipe
- Hallo-wieners Recipe