I just happen to consider myself a French Dip Sandwich Connoisseur, of sorts. It’s truly been a favorite of mine for most of my life. My Grandma Bolinske introduced me to this classic sandwich early in my young life. I loved it so much… it’s the only item I would order at restaurants for the longest time. If it was on the menu- I was having it!
Slow Cooker French Dip Sandwich is hands down the BEST recipe I have ever made at home. (and trust me I’ve tried a good many)
This recipe yields a large amount so I’ll be sharing my Slow Cooker Beef Orzo Soup recipe that uses up the leftovers later this week. Two recipes out of one is always an added bonus!
Slow Cooker French Dip Sandwich
- 3 lb rump roast
- 2 cups water
- 1/2 cup soy sauce
- small bunch rosemary
- 1 teaspoon thyme
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 bay leaf
- 15-20 peppercorns
- In a frying pan over medium high heat brown roast on all sides.
- Coat ceramic insert of slow cooker with cooking spray.
- Place beef (fat side up) and all other ingredients into slow cooker.
- Cook on high at least 6 hours.
- Scrape fat off meat and discard.
- Shred or slice meat thinly.
- (place meat in a covered bowl to keep warm with a 1/2 cup juice to keep moist)
- Reserve juice for au jus dipping sauce.
- Serve on hoagie wheat rolls with cheese, if desired.
*this recipe was given to me by cute friend, Kate! Thanks girl 🙂
The combination of spices with the soy sauce and beef slow cooking all day long is like torture! It smells so amazing, it’s hard to wait.
You’ll completely love it.
Happy Monday to you all 🙂
Much Love and Peace~