There are days that call for some down-home-comfort-food cooking… I’m thinking most of us grew up eating meatloaf! I know I did.
Bacon Blue Cheese Meatloaf is not your momma’s meatloaf (nothing against momma) but this meat loaf rocks the awesome scale just a little bit more 🙂
Prep Time 20 minutes
Cook Time 1 hour 30 minutes
Total Time 1 hour 50 minutes
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 1/2 C finely shredded carrots
- 1/2 C finely chopped onions
- 1 C panko bread crumbs
- 1/2 lb bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 4 tsp worcestershire sauce
- 2 tsp garlic powder
- 2 tsp black pepper
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 2 lbs 90% lean ground beef
- 3/4 C blue cheese, crumbled
- 2 Tbsp fresh sage, minced or 1 tsp dry sage
- 2 tbsp fresh chives, minced
- Preheat oven 350 degrees.
- In a small skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat.
- Add carrots and onions, cook and stir until tender; cool slightly.
- In a large bowl combine panko, crumbled bacon, eggs, worcestershire sauce, spices, and carrot mixture.
- Add beef; mix lightly until combined.
- Shape into 8in x 4 in loaf in an un-greased baking dish.
- Bake, uncovered, for 1 hour and 15 min with an additional 15 minutes if needed.
- Or until thermometer reads 160 degrees.
- Once loaf is cooked add topping.
- In a small bowl, combine the topping ingredients; mix well.
- Pat onto meat loaf; let stand for 10 minutes before serving.
- Transfer to serving platter and enjoy!
*adapted from Taste of Home magazine
Bacon Blue Cheese Meatloaf served up with some baked potatoes is the perfect winter dinner!
I hope you had an enjoyable weekend and your Monday is off to a great start 🙂