A Frittata is basically a baked omelet! There are several ways to put these little guys together… it’s 6-9 eggs (depending on how thick you want it) and any mixture of ingredients you’d like to throw in! Possible combo’s could be Swiss cheese, ham, and brocolli. Or maybe peppers, onions, and tomatoes. How about bacon, cheddar cheese, shallots, and spinach? This Spinach and Bacon Frittata recipe is great for weekend breakfasts, an easy and fun twist on an omelet!
Spinach and Bacon Frittata
Pre heat oven 400 degrees. Spray 9″ pie pan or baking dish. Set aside.
In a pan cook and brown:
7-8 pieces bacon, crumble
3-4 shallots, minced (or onions)
In a bowl:
9 eggs, scramble
1/2 C cheddar cheese, shredded
2 C spinach, rinsed
Sea salt and pepper, to taste
Add bacon and shallots to bowl mixture, pour into baking dish. Bake at 400 degrees, 25-30 minutes or until the egg is cooked. Serve warm and cut into pie shaped pieces.
|Brown the bacon and the shallots|
|Combine rest of ingredients and add bacon/shallots to bowl|
|Pour into sprayed baking dish|
|Slice and serve|
My son, Jake, has always loved cooking… From a young age he’d get the eggs out of the fridge and scramble them ALL over the kitchen floor. He had such an egg fetish that we’d have to keep the fridge locked at all times! (He also loved to pour out the milk!!) Now that he’s 12 years old he’s a lot more help in the kitchen 🙂
We love Frittata’s and this Spinach and Bacon Frittata is a favorite of the whole family! Enjoy!
- 7-8 pieces bacon, crumble
- 3-4 shallots, minced (or onions)
- 9 eggs, scramble
- 1/2 C cheddar cheese, shredded
- 2 C spinach, rinsed
- Sea salt and pepper, to taste
- Pre heat oven 400 degrees.
- Spray 9" pie pan or baking dish. Set aside.
- In a pan cook and brown bacon and shallots.
- In a bowl combine eggs, cheese, spinach, salt and pepper.
- Add bacon and shallots to bowl mixture, pour into baking dish.
- Bake at 400 degrees, 25-30 minutes or until the egg is cooked.
- Serve warm and cut into wedges.