Tiffany Blue Mini Cupcakes Recipe are a two-bite sweet treat that are too adorable to pass up! What is it about those miniature treats that are just sooooo stinkin’ adorable?! OMG. Any variety of mini desserts and we’re just all heart-eyes-in-love! Our Tiffany Blue Mini Cupcakes Recipe will make you the hit of any party that you take them too! We love our Tiffany Blue frosting recipe because it’s a simple buttercream frosting and we show you exactly how to get that beautiful Tiffany Blue color. We think Mini Cupcakes are perfect for birthday parties, bridal showers, ladies night, and any celebration, really!
How to make our Tiffany Blue Frosting
Our frosting in the color of Tiffany Blue is a long time favorite among our readers, it’s the perfect way to add that special touch to any dessert. If you’d like a complete step by step tutorial on how to make our our Tiffany Blue Frosting Recipe then this post has all the tips and tricks. If you’d prefer a full size, normal cupcake then jump over to this recipe Tiffany Blue and Vanilla Cupcakes Recipe for the directions.
Tiffany Blue Frosting Step by Step Tutorial
• Purchase Teal Aqua Wilton Gel Color– Wilton Icing Color, Teal
• To reach desired Tiffany Blue color: I added color gel with a tooth pick until it achieved the color I wanted. It took approximately 3 toothpick scoops.
We just adore the color Tiffany Blue!
Our LOVE of Tiffany Blue runs deep. . . Breakfast at Tiffany’s was a favorite movie of mine (Ruthie) all through my growing up years! And It still is. Every now & again I pull it out and re-watch it just to fall in love with Audrey Hepburns spunky role as Holly Golightly all over again! Breakfast at Tiffany’s was produced during Hollywood’s Golden Age in 1961 and one of Audrey’s most memorable films.
Back in 2011, when Cooking with Ruthie began, this love of Tiffany Blue and the 1960’s vintage feel influenced the design of the blog. Along with my grandmother’s 1960’s cooking show, What’s Cooking with Louise! We may need to do some updates from time to time; however these influences will always be here. We love creating and sharing on CWR with all of you! Thank you for being apart of our blog-family.
If you’re making our Tiffany Blue Mini Cupcakes and you live above 5,800 feet elevation then these baking tips will be helpful:
Here are some helpful tips for baking with high elevation:
- 5,800 elevation is considered very high elevation.
- Adjustment for 5000+ feet:
- Reduce baking powder: for each teaspoon, decrease 1/8 to 1/4 teaspoon.
- Reduce sugar: for each cup, decrease 2 tablespoons.
- Increase liquid: for each cup, add 2 to 4 tablespoons.
- Increase oven temperature by 25 degrees F.
- Check if it is done a little early.
- This takes some trial and error to get it right for you.
We know you’ll adore our Tiffany Blue Mini Cupcakes and we hope you’ll enjoy some of these dessert recipes too! 🙂
- Dark Chocolate Brownies
- Danish Butter Cookies
- Chocolate Mousse with Fresh Berries
- Coconut Panna Cotta with Tropical Fruit Salsa
- Rocky Road Brownie Bites
- Coconut Banana Cream Petite Cakes
- Peach Tart with Sweet Peach Glaze
- Lemon Cupcakes with Lavender Cream Cheese Frosting
- Greek Lemon Yogurt Cake
Tiffany Blue Mini Cupcakes Recipe is a beautiful way to celebrate any special day! Enjoy.
We love to hear about your magical cooking moments. . . if you get a chance to make our recipes then leave us a comment or tag us on Instagram @cookingwithruthie, pin us on Pinterest, or follow along with us on Facebook so we can share in the joy of cooking with you! Please reach out if you have questions or comments via our email: [email protected] We’re excited to see you again soon!
One more thing before you go. . .
We love creating recipes and sharing our adventures with you, so if you can do us a huge favor it’d really support us! It’s easier to stay motivated to share our best with you when we hear from you!! We adore our readers and it really makes our day to get comments, social tags/shares, or pins that you save for later to share with your family and friends! Our hearts sing when you do. . . we SEE you and we do our very best to respond to all the love! It also amps up our mo-jo so we get lots of awesome things done around here.
Thanks for sharing in the CWR blog-love!
Ruthie & Madeliene
- 1 1/2 cup flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup butter, room temperature
- 2 eggs, room temperature
- 1 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/2 cup sour cream, room temperature
- 1 cup butter, room temperature
- 4 + 1/2 cups powdered sugar
- 1-2 tablespoons milk
- teal aqua Wilton gel color (approx 3 toothpick scoops)
- white pearl sprinkles, if desired
- Preheat oven 350 degrees.
- Line mini muffin tin with paper cupcake liners; set aside.
- Combine flour, baking powder, salt in a small mixing bowl, mix to combine; set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl combine butter and sugar; cream 3-4 minutes until light and fluffy.
- Add eggs one at a time; mix 2 minutes on medium high and scrape bowl with each addition.
- Add vanilla and sour cream; mix to combine
- Add dry ingredients all at one time and mix just until combined. DO NOT over mix!
- Fill paper liners 2/3rd's way full. (I use small cookie scoop)
- Bake 16-20 minutes until lightly browned and a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Remove immediately and cool on rack.
- Yields: 12
- Once cooled make Tiffany Blue Frosting:
- In a mixing bowl cream butter until smooth, add powdered sugar 1 cup at a time mixing with each addition.
- Save 1/2 cup powdered sugar to adjust thickness; use as needed.
- Add 1 tablespoon of milk at a time- adding just enough milk to smooth it out.
- Add Teal Aqua Wilton Gel Color to reach desired color (I added mine with a tooth pick until it achieved the color I wanted, it took approximately 3 toothpick scoops)
- Using a wilton 1M open star tip and a large piping bag to frost cupcakes.
- Start on the outside swirling and moving to the center of each cupcake, then make one more swirl in the center on top of bottom layer of frosting to add the finish swirl to the top.
- Garnish with white pearl sprinkles, if desired.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 432Total Fat: 26gSaturated Fat: 16gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 8gCholesterol: 98mgSodium: 305mgCarbohydrates: 48gFiber: 0gSugar: 35gProtein: 3g