Chocolate Mousse with Fresh Berries is the perfect combination of flavors for all your summer celebrations!
What are your 4th of July plans?? Mine involve this inedible Chocolate Mousse with Fresh Berries!!!! Gosh.. doesn’t it look spectacular!!!?
Can’t find all the ingredients? Try ordering them by clicking on these links!
Amoretti Premium Syrup, Kirsch, 25.4 Ounce
Chocolate Mousse with Fresh Berries just screams 4th of July. I LOVE IT!!!! Red, white, & blue all the way folks!! Mmmm and don’t even get me started on my other Red, White, & Blue faves. These Patriotic Parfaits, Red, White, & Blue Parfaits, and Red, White, and Blue-berries are to die for!!
Chocolate Mousse with Fresh Berries is apart of my 4th of July! How about yours?!
Ruthie & Madeliene
- 2 ½ + ⅔ cups semi sweet chocolate, melted
- 4 teaspoons kirsch
- ¼ cup milk
- ½ cup + 1 tablespoon egg yolks
- ⅓ cup simple syrup- soft ball 235 F
- 4 cups heavy whipping cream
- 2 cups mixed fresh berries
- Simple Syrup:
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 cup sugar
- In a medium sized microwavable safe bowl melt the chocolate in the microwave or in a double boiler; allow to cool for a few minutes.
- Melt chocolate over double boiler or in microwave; allow to cool for a few minutes.
- Slowly in mixer add egg yolks, whip, add softball simple syrup drizzle down the side mix in slowly.
- Add milk 1 tablespoon at a time; mixing with each addition.
- Fold in by hand the whipped cream do not put in mixer.
- Refrigerate for two hours or more to set up.
- Top with fresh berries and a dollop of whipped cream.
- Simple Syrup:
- In a small saucepan bring ½ cup water to boil and add ½ cup sugar; allow to reach 235 degrees F without stirring.
- Cool and use ⅓ cup for this recipe.