Y’all know how I love to skinny recipes down, keeping all the flavor but with less calories. It’s a little competition I have with myself sometimes… all in good clean fun, of course!
Choffy Mousse is my version of the decadent chocolate mousse that your sweet tooth is used to enjoying but a little skinnier!
(the skinny part can be our little secret)
Instead of lots and lots of heavy whipping cream this recipe replaces part of it with fat free greek yogurt- yep, your waistline will thank me later 🙂
- 2 1/2 tsp granulated gelatin
- 3 Tbsp cold water
- 1/4 C IC Dark Choffy, strongly brewed
- 3/4 C heavy whipping cream, divided
- 1/2 C semi sweet chocolate chips, melted
- 1/2 C fat free greek yogurt
- Choffy Cream:
- 2 Tbsp IC Dark Choffy, strongly brewed and cooled
- 1/4 C heavy whipping cream
- 4 Tbsp powdered sugar
- Place water with gelatin slowly and evenly sprinkled over top in a large mixing bowl.
- Set aside for 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, using a small mixing bowl and hand mixer; beat 1/2 C whipping cream to stiff peak.
- Combine remaining 1/4 C un-whiped cream and 1/4 C brewed IC Dark Choffy; making sure it remains warm.
- Melt chocolate chips (I used the microwave) and whisk into gelatin for 1-2 minutes until fairly smooth.
- Whisk Choffy/cream mixture into chocolate; whisk until smooth.
- Gently fold in whipped cream by hand until combined.
- Refrigerate for 30 minutes to set.
- Remove and whisk smooth.
- Choffy Cream:
- Using a small mixing bowl and hand mixer; beat 1/4 C whipping cream to stiff peak.
- Slowly add 2 Tbsp powdered sugar, then 1 Tbsp Choffy; mix until smooth.
- Repeat with remaining.
- Layer in a small glass Choffy Mousse and Choffy Cream alternating.
- Garnish with Candied Choffy.
- Keep refrigerated until ready to serve.
I’m loving my Choffy… have you tried it? Check out my other recipes with Choffy. In celebration of becoming the official Choffy Chef, Choffy’s extending 10% off your first purchase made on-line through Dec 31, 2014 just click here and use the order code: RUTHIE10
Don’t be afraid of this Choffy Mousse recipe- if you’ve never made a mousse before, this one is practically fail proof. Really.
You’ll love it and love that you made something so deliciously mouth-watering!
Much Love and Peace~
- Pumpkin Spice Caramels Recipe
- Oatmeal, Candied Walnut, Raisin Cookies Recipe
- Dried Hibiscus Flower & Dark Chocolate Power Bites Recipe
- Lemoncello Ice Cream Sundae Recipe
- Tiffany Blue Frosting Recipe
- Lunch Lady Peanut Butter Bars
- White Chocolate Strawberries Recipe
- Godiva Strawberry Banana Kabobs (copycat) Recipe