The zucchini and yellow squash are growing like crazy in our garden these days… I love them both so don’t be too surprised to see lots of recipes coming your way featuring these yummy little guys!
Starting today with the fabulous Roasted Veggie Penne Pasta Bake!
Prep Time 20 minutes
Cook Time 30 minutes
Total Time 50 minutes
- 1 onion, thinly sliced
- 1 green pepper, thinly sliced
- 1 yellow squash, cut into 1/4" slices
- 1 zucchini squash, cut into 1/4" slices
- 1 28oz can diced tomatoes
- 1 C roma tomatoes, chopped
- 1 envelope dry italian salad dressing mix
- 1 12oz jar pasta sauce
- 10 oz whole grain penne pasta, cooked tender firm and drained
- 1/4 C shredded parmesan cheese
- 1/2 C feta cheese
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- On a sprayed baking sheet; evenly spread onion, pepper, zucchini, and yellow squash, spray vegi's with olive oil cooking spray.
- Roast, turning once, until lightly browned (approx 15-20 min)
- Turn oven down to 350 degrees.
- Place vegi's in a mixing bowl.
- Add tomatoes, diced tomatoes, dressing mix, pasta sauce, parmesan cheese.
- Stir to coat.
- Add pasta; stir to coat.
- Pour mixture into 9 x 13 baking pan.
- Top with crumbled feta cheese.
- Bake 30 minutes or until heated through.
Roasted Veggie Penne Pasta Bake is a healthy and delicious dinner any night of the week.
AND the leftovers are just as tasty!!
I hope your Tuesday is extra lovely 🙂