Where we live a large majority of people grow gardens, so you’ll see tables or little shelters for neighborhood garden sharing. The other day I was driving to school and noticed some lovely eggplant at our sharing table.
Last year we had SO many and I didn’t know quiet what to do with them all… so I didn’t plant any this year. I’ve missed them I guess because I stopped and grabbed a couple to make this recipe!
Eggplant Penne Pasta Bake is quick and easy supper that the whole family will enjoy 🙂
- 1 10 oz box of whole grain penne pasta
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 small eggplants, washed and diced into 1-inch cubes
- sea salt and pepper
- 4-5 roma tomatoes, diced
- 1 15 oz part-skim ricotta cheese
- 1 1/2 C part skim shredded mozzarella cheese, divided
- 6 Tbsp basil, thinly sliced
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Cook penne according to package directions.
- Meanwhile, coat 9x13 baking pan with cooking spray; set aside.
- Heat olive oil in large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add garlic; cook 1 minute.
- Stir in eggplant, season with salt and pepper.
- Cook until tender, approx 7-8 minutes.
- Add tomatoes, cook 2 minutes.
- Remove from heat.
- Add ricotta, 1 C mozzarella cheese, and basil; stir until incorporated.
- Pour into prepared baking dish and top with 1/2 C remaining cheese.
- Bake 15-20 minutes or until cheese in melted.
* I adapted this recipe from www.diethood.com
Eggplant Penne Pasta Bake is a healthier pasta dish that has a heavenly creamy tomato base! If you love pasta like I do- it’s a must try.
I hope you all had a really enjoyable weekend… Happy Monday 🙂
- Holiday Overnight Oats Recipe
- Roasted Sweet Potato, Gouda & Kale Salad Recipe
- Chocolate Blueberry Spinach Protein Smoothie Recipe
- Tropical Chocolate Protein Smoothie Recipe
- White Chocolate Coconut Oatmeal Cookies Recipe
- Almond Butter Banana Oat Smoothie Recipe
- Dijon Mustard Potato Salad
- Margherita Naan Bread Pizza Recipe