Today’s Alfredo Basil Chicken Penne Recipe is quick and easy to make; a savory one-pot-wonder the whole family will love!
Why I love Alfredo Basil Chicken Penne Recipe
Our Alfredo Basil Chicken Penne Recipe is a family favorites, especially when vine ripe tomatoes are in season! Fresh garden tomatoes are truly the reason I love a garden, well and fresh basil.
This recipe is so simple to make and only requires ONE pot! I know. I love that too…less mess which means less clean up time after dinner.
The other “quick” part about this recipe is it uses alfredo sauce and pesto sauce from a jar. If you really want to get all gourmet about it I love this Alfredo Sauce recipe and my Homemade Pesto is just heavenly.
Ingredients in Alfredo Basil Chicken Penne Recipe
- whole grain penne pasta
- Bertolli Creamy Alfredo Sauce
- chicken breast
- petite heirloom tomatoes
- fresh basil leaves
Healthy Benefits of Alfredo Basil Chicken Penne Recipe
- Whole Grain Pasta: Whole-grain pasta is typically high in fiber, manganese, selenium, copper and phosphorus, while refined, enriched pasta tends to be higher in iron and B vitamins. Whole-grain pasta is also lower in calories and higher in fiber and certain micronutrients than refined pasta.
- Chicken- has a very high protein content, which plays a very important role in sustaining our muscles. Rich in calcium and phosphorous for healthy bones. Stress reliever with tryptophan and vitamin B5. Immunity booster too!
- Tomatoes- antioxidant lycopene, which has been linked to many health benefits, including reduced risk of heart disease and cancer. They are also a great source of vitamin C, potassium, folate, and vitamin K.
- Basil- is an excellent source of vitamin K, manganese, iron, vitamin A, and vitamin C. It’s also a good source of calcium, magnesium, and omega-3 fatty acids.
- Parmesan Cheese- is a good source of protein and fat. It’s rich in vitamins and minerals like calcium, vitamin A, vitamins B6 and B12, phosphorus, zinc, and copper.
- Pesto- is laden with antioxidants. In addition, garlic, basil, olive oil, and pine nuts are rich in antioxidants which contribute to a healthy body to protect against such risks. And a study shows that basil is a rich source of nutrients like Vitamin A, Vitamin C, calcium, phosphorus, and beta carotene.
- 1 (12 ounce) whole grain penne pasta
- 1 (15 ounce) Bertolli Creamy Alfredo Sauce
- 2 1/2-3 tablespoons pesto
- 2 cups cooked chicken breast, shredded
- 1/2 cup petite heirloom tomatoes, quartered
- 1/2 cup olives, halved
- 2 tablespoons fresh basil leaves, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons shredded parmesan
- sea salt and pepper to taste
- basil leaves to garnish
- Prepare penne pasta according to package directions.
- In a mixing bowl combine alfredo sauce and pesto; stir to combine.
- When pasta is cooked and drained, return to pot, add sauce; toss to coat.
- Add chicken, tomatoes, olives, fresh basil, and parmesan cheese; toss to combine.
- Add sea salt and pepper to taste.
- Garnish with additional basil leaves, if desired.
- Enjoy your Alfredo Basil Chicken Penne Recipe!
More Pasta Recipes
- Hearty Ratatouille with Penne Pasta
- Pasta and Red Sauce, Basil Chicken with Caramelized Parsnips and Onions
- Bruschetta Pasta Recipe
- Lemon Chicken Roasted Red Potato Pasta
- Sun-dried Tomato, Artichoke, Mushroom Alfredo Pasta
- Italian Artichoke Chicken Pasta
- Chicken Marsala with Linguini
- Truffle Macaroni and Cheese
Enjoy this delightful Alfredo Basil Chicken Penne Recipe!
Thanks for being a part of the CWR blog-family!
All the love,
- BBQ Shredded Chicken Sandwich Recipe
- Pasta & Red Sauce, Basil Chicken, & Caramelized Parsnips Recipe
- Mediterranean Lasagna Recipe
- Chinese Honey Garlic Chicken Recipe
- Olive Oil and Herb Spaghetti Recipe
- Quick Spaghetti and Focaccia Bread
- Baked Crispy Chicken, Rice Pilaf, and Green Beans Recipes
- Crockpot White Chicken Chili Recipe