Truffle Macaroni and Cheese is comfort food like no other! It’ll make your day deliciously, cheesy, and comfy-cozy!
Homemade Macaroni and Cheese has got to be in my top five comfort foods, then add a few drops of Armoretti’s All Natural Black Truffle Oil into the mix and it’s really going to rock-your-world! Oh my.
I’ve loved Mac and Cheese forever and while I’ve out grown my love of the boxed varieties- I’ll take a bowl of homemade any day of the week!
Our Truffle Macaroni and Cheese has a lovely crisp panko topping to finish it off, which adds a delightful crunchy texture to the creamy cheesiness hiding beneath.
Have you heard of Amoretti? They have a huge variety of All Natural I’ve been trying a few in my kitchen over the past couple of weeks and let me tell y’all… they are completely delightful! Amoretti has an amazing variety of high quality products for you to discover and enjoy!
- 2 cups whole milk, divided
- 1 medium onion, thinly sliced (approx 2 cups)
- 1 bay leaf
- 2 cloves garlic, smashed
- 16 ounces macaroni pasta
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 3/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 cup fontina cheese, shredded
- 3/4 cup gruyere cheese, shredded
- 1/4 cup half and half or whipping cream
- 1/2- 1 teaspoon black truffle oil
- 1/2 cup panko bread crumbs
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- In a medium sauce pan heat 1 3/4 cups milk, onion, garlic, and bay leaf over medium heat until small bubbles form around edges.
- Cover, remove from heat, and allow to stand 15 minutes.
- Cook pasta according to package directions, drain, and return to pan.
- Strain milk mixture through colander over bowl, discard solids, return to pan, and bring to simmer.
- In small bowl whisk together remaining milk and flour.
- Whisk into milk mixture, add salt, and remover from heat.
- Add cheese 1/2 cup at a time, stirring and allowing to melt with each addition.
- Add half and half or whipping cream; stirring until smooth, adding small amounts of heat if necessary.
- Pour cheese mixture over pasta; stir.
- Add truffle oil; tasting as adding in small amounts until desired flavor is achieved.
- Spoon mixture into serving individual ramekins or 2 quart oven safe baking dish.
- Preheat broiler.
- In a small mixing bowl combine panko bread crumbs, sea salt, and olive oil.
- Evenly sprinkle on top of macaroni and broil for 2 minutes or until golden brown.
- Serve warm and Enjoy!
Truffle Macaroni and Cheese has both Gruyere and Fontina Cheese with hint of truffle flavor to tie it all together! You’ll adore it.
Much Love and Peace~