BBQ Mac & Cheese Brats Recipe are fun for summertime BBQ’s with the kids! This simple recipe combines two comfort foods in one fabulous summer grilling masterpiece! Macaroni and cheese plus brats all served up on a toasty hoagie bun. . . pure magic I tell ya! We’re grilling with applewood chicken brats and adding a drizzle of applewood BBQ sauce to make it that much more amazing. This dinner is ready in 20 minutes flat using Stouffer’s macaroni and cheese, chicken brats, and hoagie buns topped off with a drizzle of your favorite barbecue sauce! It’s a simple summer grilling dinner the whole family is sure to love it!
Easy as 1-2-3 BBQ Mac & Cheese Brats Recipe
If you are like me and grew up lovin’ macaroni and cheese plus hot dogs and/or brats as a kid then this recipe will whisk you right back to your childhood! It’s pretty amazing how flavors remind of us of times and experiences in our life and take us right back there in a split second! Once in a while I have to allow the inner child in me to experience these two favorites again! I love that this recipe combines them in a little more of “adult” way but just as simple to make and it’ll hit all the right spots! Our BBQ Mac & Cheese Brats are easy as 1-2-3!
- Follow the microwave directions the Stouffer’s macaroni and cheese and get it cooking!
- Cook the the brats and toast the hoagie buns on the grill.
- Serve your family in under 20 minutes!
We love summertime and BBQ Mac & Cheese Brats Recipe is the perfect way enjoy it! We think you might enjoy these other grilling recipes too!
- Sweet and Sour Shrimp Skewers
- Herbed Grilled Chicken Recipe
- Grilled Red Wine and Garlic Elk Steak
- Grilled Pineapple ala Mode
- Grilled Tandoori Style Chicken
- Grilled Pineapple and Strawberry Salsa
- Herbed Flank Steak
- Grilled Pear, Chicken, Craisin Salad
- Bacon Wrapped Chicken Pineapple Skewers
- Grilled Strawberry Shortcakes
- Greek Lamb Burger with Yogurt Mint Sauce
- Grilled Tarragon Garlic Steak
- Grilled Peach Cobbler
Awesome Tips & Tricks for Grilling Proteins
- Take meat out of fridge to bring it to room temperature for 20-30 minutes.
- Clean the BBQ grill grate with a metal scraper.
- To reduce sticking spray generously with cooking spray before igniting grill so it does not flame up.
- Preheat your grill on high, scrape again if needed to remove any really tough to remove areas.
- Create heat zones for two stage cooking;
- Stage One: heat one side of grill to high heat; sear the meat on each side for 2 minutes, rotating to get cross-hatching marks.
- Stage Two: heat second side of grill to low or off; place the seared meat here until reaches desired temperature.
- Invest in a high quality probe thermometer.
- To get the best reading; probe the meat on the side inserting the probe into the center of the cut of meat.
- Grilling is a little like cooking on the Mojave desert — dry, dry and hot, hot, hot! Make sure to use your grilling sauce and apply it with each rotation so the protein stay nice and moist on the inside.
- Once meat reaches 5 degrees below desired temperature move to a resting plate and tent with foil to keep warm without sweating.
- Rest meat for 5 minutes to slow the juices.
- Serve and Enjoy!
BBQ Mac and Cheese Brats Recipe brings two comforts foods together in a delicious dish!
We love to hear about your magical cooking moments. . . if you get a chance to make our recipes then leave us a comment or tag us on Instagram @cookingwithruthie , pin us on Pinterest , or follow along with us on Facebook so we can share in the joy of cooking with you! Please reach out if you have questions or comments via our email: email@example.com. We’re excited to see you again soon!
One more thing before you go. . .
We love creating recipes and sharing our adventures with you, so if you can do us a huge favor it’d really support us! It’s easier to stay motivated to share our best with you when we hear from you!! We adore our readers and it really makes our day to get comments, social tags/shares, or pins that you save for later to share with your family and friends! Our hearts sing when you do. . . we SEE you and we do our very best to respond to all the love! It also amps up our mo-jo so we get lots of awesome things done around here.
Thanks for sharing in the CWR blog-love!
Ruthie & Madeliene
- 1 package Stouffers Macaroni and Cheese
- 4 applewood chicken brats
- 4 hoagie buns
- 1 cup applewood bbq sauce
- Coat grill rack with cooking spray and preheat on high.
- Place Stouffers Macaroni and Cheese in microwave and cooke according to directions.
- Grill brats 2-3 minutes per side until browned and cooked through.
- Grill hoagie buns for 2 minutes until warm and toasted.
- Place 1 brat on eat hoagie, 1 cup of Stouffers Macaroni and Cheese, drizzle with BBQ sauce.
- Serve and Enjoy!