Grilled Pineapple ala Mode is simple to throw on the grill after dinner and it’s the perfect dessert for summertime!
Father’s Day is this Sunday too! There’s just no better way to say I love you then with fresh grilled pineapple, topped of with smooth and creamy frozen vanilla bean frozen yogurt, and sliced almonds!
Don’t ever tell that this recipe is actually a pretty “healthy” dessert… NO ONE will ever guess. Not in a million years! It’s just tastes so amazing. AND making it with the Truvia Brown Sugar Baking Blend is just an added bonus… same great flavor without all the calories of “normal” sugars! YAY!
I like to use vanilla bean frozen yogurt in place of the ice cream version- it tastes the same and is so much easier on the waist line! I love good food but I’ll take good tasting food with less of a calorie-pack any day of the week 🙂
- 1 ripe pineapple gold
- 2 tablespoon butter, melted
- 2 tablespoon Truvia brown sugar baking blend
- 2 cups vanilla bean frozen yogurt
- 1/2 cup sliced almond
- Heat grill to medium high.
- Cut off top of pineapple, quarter, remove center pulp on each quarter.
- Slice each quarter into 1 inch long slices; set aside.
- In a small dish melt butter and add truvia brown sugar baking blend; mix to combine.
- Brush each slice of pineapple with truvia brown sugar blend coating and place on hot grill.
- Cook 3-4 minutes until grill marks show, rotate and repeat.
- Apply additional coating as needed while grilling.
- Arrange grilled slices on serving plates, top with frozen yogurt and sliced almonds.
- Serve immediately as yogurt will melt quickly.
Remember to plate and serve this dessert immediately… with the pineapple hot off the grill the frozen topping melts lickity-split fast! It’s okay if it gets all melty- sometimes it’s just fun to lick the plate clean, right?!
Grilled Pineapple ala Mode is quite a treat any day of the year~ I hope you’ll completely and totally love it!!
Happy Father’s Day to all the Dad’s and Happy Thursday too!
Much Love and Peace~
*this is a sponsored post by Truvia and the opinions expressed are genuine and my own