Grilled Tandoori Style Chicken is authentic and so simple to make at home!
Enjoy this healthy meal and some health fit tips from Nichole over at Pure Clean Fitness… today she’s giving us a Fitness Pep-Talk to inspire our summertime fitness!!
Grilled Tandoori Style Chicken gets us ready for summer and grilling season!! Mix it up at your next BBQ and enjoy these Grilled Tandoori Style Chicken!
Summer is my absolute favorite time of year!! Who else loves it?!
I can’t decide if the best part is… days on the lake or at the beach, long summer nights, awesome weather, or amazing food! All I know is that Grilled Tandoori Style Chicken makes any summer activity better! I love how easy it is to prepare beforehand (all of that marinating gives it an Aaaah-mazing flavor) and take it anywhere to grill!
Now for Nichole’s Fitness Pep-Talk. . .
Fit Friday is here and it is wedding day. Don’t pretend like you don’t know what I am talking about, you all know exactly what I am talking about. With wedding season in the air we have a workout fit for any bride-to-be, or bridesmaid, or wedding goer, or dress wearer, or really any summer loving person.
Today’s workout has a little bit if everything. It has some running that you should push hard and deep for. With the resistance work it is sometimes tempting to focus on speed and not the quality, fight that temptation! Make every single movement count.
I always tell my spin classes, “You come into every workout with a goal. Get ready to work for that goal today!”
Grilled Tandoori Style Chicken will knock your socks off this grilling season!!
Nichole, Ruthie, & Madeliene
- 1 whole chicken separated into 2 drums 2 thighs 2 breasts- butchered and skinless.
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 ½ tablespoons fresh ginger, grated
- ½ tablespoons ginger, minced
- ⅓ cup nonfat plain yogurt
- 2 tablespoons heavy cream
- 1 tablespoon peanut oil
- 1 teaspoon garam masala
- 1 teaspoon dried fenugreek leaves
- ½ teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- ¼ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- ⅛ teaspoon ground turmeric
- ½ cup scallions, chopped
- ¼ cup melted butter for basting
- Lemon wedges for garnish
- Starting with the chicken score it by cutting slits into the meat ½ inch deep- several over each piece uniformly; set in fridge until use later.
- In a small mixing bowl combine lemon juice and sea salt.
- Coat all of the chicken in the lemon juice mixture; set in fridge to marinate for 2 hours.
- In a small mixing bowl combine ginger, garlic, yogurt, cream, garam masala, fenugreek leaves, and cumin.
- In a medium sauce pan heat the oil until almost hits the smoke point (shimmery) and remove from heat.
- Add paprika, cayenne pepper, and turmeric; mix until combined and set aside until cooled.
- Once cooled add to the yogurt mixture; mix well.
- After the chicken is marinated coat the chicken in the yogurt mixture; and set in the fridge to marinate for another 8 hours.
- Once the chicken is marinated; heat the grill to high and generously coat grill with cooking spray.
- Once hot place chicken on the grill, cooking for about 6-8 minutes or until brown with char marks.
- Cook each side for 4-6 minutes or until internal temperature reaches 165 degrees.
- Baste with melted butter during grilling of desired.
- Serve warm with rice, lemon wedges, and yogurt sauce.