This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #MarinadesWithMazola #MakeItWithHeart #CollectiveBias
Citrus Thyme Grilled Chicken is a deliciously simple summer grilling recipe! Our Citrus Thyme Basting/Marinade Sauce is one of our family’s very favorite recipes for grilling any variety of protein, plus we love it on vegetables too! Cooking outside on the grill makes for easy summer meals, which is perfect for grilled chicken, beef, pork, and vegetables, and they’re made even more AHhhh-mazing with our Citrus Thyme Basting and Marinade Sauce! If you’re in a pinch and don’t have time to marinade your protein, then whip up this recipe for basting on the grill! After all, it is a little like cooking on the Mojave desert — dry, dry and hot, hot, hot! Make sure to use your Citrus Thyme grilling sauce and apply it with each rotation so the protein stays nice and moist on the inside. We love our Citrus Thyme Grilled Chicken Recipe–it’s our favorite go to once the summer grilling season is here! We’re excited to say that we’ve worked a little health-friendly magic on it! We did some swapping from the original recipe to make it healthier and quite frankly, tastier too!! We’ve swapped chicken thighs for lower fat and leaner protein chicken breasts, brown sugar to raw sugar which is a healthier sweetener, and vegetable oil for the heart-healthy and more flavorful Mazola® Corn Oil. A clinical study showed Mazola Corn Oil reduces cholesterol 2x more than extra virgin olive oil. To learn more about this claim, see Mazola.com. We absolutely love that Mazola Corn Oil has a neutral taste that allows the natural flavors of your protein to stand out! We think you’ll agree it’s pretty darn tasty!
Citrus Thyme Grilled Chicken Recipe
For some fun savings, check out this coupon: Text MAZOLA to 79495 between 6/20/19 – 9/26/19 to receive $1.00 back on your purchase of Mazola 40oz Corn Oil! Limit 1 rebate per household. PayPal account required. By texting, you expressly consent to receive multiple automated text messages on this offer. Consent not required as a condition of purchase. Message & data rates apply. Text HELP or STOP to 79495 at any time. To read the full terms: click here.
Tips & Tricks for Grilling Chicken and Beef
- Take meat out of fridge to bring it to room temperature for 20-30 minutes.
- Clean the BBQ grill grate with a metal scraper.
- To reduce sticking, spray generously with cooking spray before igniting grill so it does not flame up.
- Preheat your grill on high, scrape again if needed to remove any really tough to remove areas.
- Create heat zones for two stage cooking.
- Stage One: heat one side of grill to high heat; sear the meat on each side for 2 minutes, rotating to get cross-hatching marks.
- Stage Two: heat second side of grill to low or off; place the seared meat here until reaches desired temperature.
- Invest in a high quality probe thermometer.
- To get the best reading, probe the meat on the side inserting the probe into the center of the cut of meat.
- Grilling is a little like cooking on the Mojave desert — dry, dry and hot, hot, hot! Make sure to use your grilling sauce and apply it with each rotation so the protein stay nice and moist on the inside.
- Once meat reaches 5 degrees below desired temperature, move to a resting plate and tent with foil to keep warm without sweating.
- Rest meat for 5 minutes to slow the juices.
- Serve and Enjoy!
Now I must let you in on the coolest secret about our Citrus Thyme Grilled Chicken Recipe… this flavorful marinade can be used on steak and vegetables, too!! We love to “skinny” (make recipes lighter, that still have delicious flavor) up our recipes and Mazola Corn Oil has been an absolute dream to work with! My personal favorite benefit from this oil is that it is an all-purpose, cholesterol free cooking oil that is a smart heart-healthy choice for my family! See Mazola.com for more information on the relationship between corn oil and heart health. Its variety of uses include baking, grilling, sautéing, stir frying, or mixing up a marinade or dressing. Many home cooks may not realize that all cooking oils have a smoke point that, once exceeded, not only negatively affect the food’s flavor and nutritional value. Mazola has a smoke point higher than most cooking oils at 450°F and performs well in a variety of cooking applications!
We’re excited to share these other grilling recipes too!
- Sweet and Sour Shrimp Skewers
- Herbed Grilled Chicken Recipe
- Grilled Red Wine and Garlic Elk Steak
- Grilled Pineapple ala Mode
- Grilled Tandoori Style Chicken
- Grilled Pineapple and Strawberry Salsa
- Herbed Flank Steak
- Grilled Pear, Chicken, Craisin Salad
- Bacon Wrapped Chicken Pineapple Skewers
- Grilled Strawberry Shortcakes
- Greek Lamb Burger with Yogurt Mint Sauce
- Grilled Tarragon Garlic Steak
- Grilled Peach Cobbler
Citrus Thyme Grilled Chicken Recipe is going to wow everyone of your tastebuds! Happy Grilling!! 🙂
We love to hear about your magical cooking moments! If you get a chance to make our recipes then leave us a comment or tag us on Instagram @cookingwithruthie, pin us on Pinterest, or follow along with us on Facebook so we can share in the joy of cooking with you! Please reach out if you have questions or comments via our email: email@example.com. We’re excited to see you again soon!
One more thing before you go. . .
We love creating recipes and sharing our adventures with you, so if you can do us a huge favor it’d really support us! It’s easier to stay motivated to share our best with you when we hear from you!! We adore our readers and it really makes our day to get comments, social tags/shares, or pins that you save for later to share with your family and friends! Our hearts sing when you do. . . we SEE you and we do our very best to respond to all the love! It also amps up our mo-jo so we get lots of awesome things done around here.
Thanks for sharing in the CWR blog-love!
Ruthie & Madeliene
[mv_create title=”Citrus Thyme Grilled Chicken Recipe” key=”1259″ type=”recipe”]