Apricot Thyme Lemon Tart is a beautiful combination of savory and sweet on a flakey puff pastry crust! It’s truly magical!!
Apricots are in season all around our neck of the woods. It’s seems that so many of my neighbors have trees that are bursting with them! So, I was super happy to be able to pick some from a neighbor and create this Apricot Thyme Lemon Tart to share with you! It’s fruity, lemony, and the thyme adds a touch of robust flavor that’s just magical.
When I was in Culinary School we made puff pastry from scratch and let me tell you, it’s actually a bit of work! It’s a process of layering butter and dough- then folding. sheeting, and resting the dough multiple times all the while being extra careful to handle it just right so the layers won’t collapse on each other. It’s a trick to get it just right!
I was thrilled to find the handy frozen puff pastry sheets in the freezer of my local grocery store! All the beauty of fresh pastry dough with all of that hard work already done for us 🙂 Awesome!
Our Apricot Lemon Thyme Tart looks beautiful and you might think it’s difficult to make, but I promise you it’s totally not. It’s just a few ingredients mixed together and spread on the puff pastry dough, arranging the apricots, and bake! It’s awesome and is sure to impress all of your family and friends.
Apricot Lemon Thyme Tart is a beautiful addition for breakfast, brunch, or dessert too!
Much Love and Peace~
- 1 sheet puff pastry dough, defrosted
- 1 egg white
- 1 tablespoon water
- 3 cups fresh apricot halves
- 3/4 cup apricot fruit spread, or apricot/peach jam
- 2 teaspoons white balsamic vinegar
- 1/2-3/4 teaspoon thyme leaves, adjust to taste
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- thyme leaves and lemon rind curls for garnish, if desired
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Line baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Place puff pastry dough in the center.
- Whisk egg white and water together, brush outer edge of dough (about 1 inch thick) with egg white wash.
- In a small mixing bowl combine apricot spread, white balsamic vinegar, thyme leaves, lemon zest, lemon juice, sea salt; mix until combines.
- Evenly spread apricot mixture on the dough leaving 1/2 inch boarder around edges.
- Place apricot halves-face side up, in rows, on apricot mixture.
- Cook 38-40 minutes or pastry puffs and until edges are golden brown.
- Remove from oven and cool 5 minutes.
- Garnish with sprinkle of thyme leaves and lemon zest curls.
- Cut into squares and serve warm or cold.
- 12 Grilled Cheese Sandwiches; Savory & Sweet
- Cauliflower Cheese Soup w/ Grilled Cheese Croutons Recipe
- Strawberry Mint Sorbet Recipe
- Pappardelle with Asparagus, Mushroom, and Ricotta Recipe
- Irish Cream Bundt Cake Recipe
- Homemade Turtle Truffles Recipe
- Irish Soda Farls Recipe
- Creamed Peas and New Potatoes Recipe