Coconut Apricot Chia Seed Pudding is simple to make, healthy, and SO delicious! Promise. You’ll love this one!
I used the Truvia Brown Sugar Baking Blend in this recipe- it tastes just like normal brown sugar but with less calories… a win-win in my book!! I am so glad it’s spring… it just makes my heart so happy. We all get to our spring-time tasks like shaping up the yard, planting gardens, and spring cleaning in the house too.
Spring is great time to make some positive changes in our health habits too! The weather is getting warmer so grabbing a friend and going for a walk outside is awesome and exploring healthy new recipes to fuel our bodies is a great idea too. Y’all know how much I like Truvia products, especially for a zero-calorie, lighter way to fuel my day.
Have you heard of Chia Seeds? They’re so great for our bodies so I’ve included some interesting tid-bits in this post for you! I love them and try to incorporate them into my diet on a daily basis- I know you’ll love them too 🙂
I just totally love these little Chia Seeds! They’re so healthy for you– are you aware of all the health benefits packed in these little babies?! Hold on to your britches cuz you’re about to be blown away 🙂
Chia Seeds pack a serious punch!
– Those little tiny seeds are an ancient food, but the mighty chia seeds were revered by the early Aztec and Mayan cultures and are making a strong comeback in the 21st century.
– Each seed is packed with fiber, protein, minerals, omega-3, and antioxidants.
– Chia’s bland flavor makes it versatile for use in recipes both savory and sweet, and it swells to 12 times its weight in liquid within 10 minutes.
– Try Chia Seeds on yogurt and oatmeal, or in smoothies. Add them to sauces as a thickener and to muffins and cakes as an egg replacement.
Our Coconut Apricot Chia Seeds Pudding uses Truvia Brown Sugar Baking Blend which gives a hint of sweetness without all the extra calories~ YAY!
- 2 cup unsweetened coconut milk
- 2/3 cup chia seeds
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 tablespoons truvia brown sugar blend
- 2 tablespoons dried apricots, cut into small pieces
- 1/4 cup shredded sweetened coconut
- 1/2 cup fat free vanilla greek yogurt, for garnish
- 1/4 cup toasted coconut flakes, for garnish
- 4 whole apricots, for garish
- In a mixing bowl that has a lid combine coconut milk, chia seeds, vanilla, truvia brown sugar blend, apricots; whisk to combine.
- Secure with lid and place in fridge overnight.
- When ready to serve- add coconut and stir.
- Scoop into serving dish, garnish with dollop of greek yogurt, toasted coconut, and whole apricot.
- Serve and Enjoy!
Dr. Oz says Chia Seeds also help you lose weight:
The chia seeds are “super” because, like a superfruit, they deliver the maximum amount of nutrients with minimum calories. They have several of the same benefits as the more well-known “super seed” flax, but unlike flax seed, you don’t need to grind them to reap the health benefits. The nutritional benefits of chia include fiber, omega fatty acids, calcium, antioxidants and much more – even protein!
While the American Dietetic Association recommends 20 to 35 grams of fiber each day, unfortunately the average American only gets 12 to 15 grams. With nearly 11 grams of fiber per ounce, chia delivers 42% of your recommended daily value of fiber in a single serving. Fiber is vital for all aspects of health, and is especially key for weight loss and digestion. Fiber helps slow digestion and makes you feel fuller by soaking up fluid and expanding in your digestive tract.
Chia absorbs up to 12 times its own weight and expands to curb your appetite, so adding just an ounce or so of chia seeds to your diet can reduce caloric intake and help lower the energy density (or calories) of foods, plus double the amount of fiber you receive.
Chia Seeds and Truvia are brought together in this delicious recipe! I shared this tasty creation with friends last week- everyone wanted the recipe and that’s the true sign of success, right?! Mmmmm hmmm.
Happy April Fools Day 🙂
Much Love and Peace~
Wanna check out my other Truvia Creations? Just Click here
*this is a sponsored post by Truvia and the opinions expressed are genuine and my own