Pear Tart à la mode Recipe is a beautiful dessert that will bring a smile to every person at your table! It’s also a lovely dish to make mom on Mother’s Day!
Pear Tart à la mode Recipe Meaning
What does “a la mode” mean?? It means that the pie or dessert is served with ice cream, often as the topping. Most people believe that this dessert was invented in the late 1800’s when a professor went to a hotel in New York. While he was there, he ordered pie with ice cream. Guests asked what he was eating and he called it “Pie a la mode” therefore inventing and naming the new dessert!
If you love Pear Tart à la mode Recipe, we know you’ll love these dessert recipes too!
Pear Tart à la mode Recipe is too delicious to pass up!!
We love to hear about your magical cooking moments. . . if you get a chance to make this recipe leave us a comment or tag us on Instagram @cookingwithruthie so we can share the joy of cooking with you!
One more thing before you go!. . . be inspired with CWR Recipe, Travel, and a variety of Etceteras every week by signing up to receive our emails! Click here to subscribe. We send out our newest posts, a collection of our latest favorites, and more! We love to stay connected with you.
Ruthie & Madeliene
Pear Tart à la mode Recipe
- 1 unbaked 10-inch pie crust
- 6 tablespoons flour
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 3/4 cup salted butter
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 3 eggs room temperature
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 3 medium pears I prefer anjou peeled
- 1 cup vanilla bean ice cream
- sprinkling of nutmeg for garnish
- Preheat oven 350 degrees.
- Sift together flour and nutmeg.
- In a medium sauce pan, melt butter.
- Remove from heat, add sugar, whisk in flour-nutmeg mixture.
- Stir in eggs one at a time; custard will thicken with each addition, then add vanilla.
- At this point custard should be thick and smooth.
- Cut pears into eigths, lengthwise.
- Core the slices and arrange them in pie shell. (One large circle in the base with a smaller circle stacked on top)
- Bake 45-50 minutes until the custard is firm and golden.
- Allow to cool and serve with vanilla bean ice cream sprinkled with nutmeg.
- Serve and Enjoy your Pear Tart à la mode Recipe!